RC Racer

Steering block keeps popping off!!

Hey guys, the Maxx has been a great truck in the time I've had it but I have one complaint. The steering block pops out on hard landings is there a way to stop this from happening? It normally is fixable but it is an annoyance and I wanted to see if u guys have a fix for it.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Champion
    8932r is red aluminum c-hub for the fix
    g for green-
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    Have you looked over the c-hubs? It may be cracked and you may not even notice it

RC Champion
    Once it pops out, it will be easier for it to happen again. The plastic hub gets warped or cracked where the PIN goes in. A new hub should fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Ok thank you guys the hub is bent on both sides so I will replace them. I would do the aluminum hubs but I already tried them and they bent and cracked so I'm not a fan of them.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    Ok thank you guys the hub is bent on both sides so I will replace them. I would do the aluminum hubs but I already tried them and they bent and cracked so I'm not a fan of them.
    Please show a picture of the bent aluminum c-hub
    What brand?
    The orange Traxxas brand c-hub on my Maxx will not fail
    The plastic bearing carrier or stock arms will fail before the c-hub

Do it well

fabricator

RC Competitor
    I’m a big fan of plastic parts. Cheap to buy easy to replace. I used a lot of aluminum on one of my slash trucks and while it is strong when it takes a good hit and bends it’s toast. 8$ plastics parts are great buy a few and you have spares for next time. If aluminum parts were about halph the cost of what traxxas charges they would be a better choice but at the price point that are asking they are better for bling then anything. I really hope rpm and other brands start producing maxx parts like they do for the Xmaxx.

RC Racer
    Thank you for the responses.My aluminum c-hubs were traxxas and I think i threw them away but it bent from just bashing and the truck ran fine but I hit some construction equipment and broke it. It wasn't bad quality and the crash was at fairly high speed but I still would rather only spend $6 bucks on the plastic replacement each time they start to bend or breaks.