RC Enthusiast

Stripped servos....like everyone else

So it happened to me. Both my servos stripped out internally. The truck is less than 3 months old. I know that the servos are junk from the start, but are they covered under any warranty?? I'd rather get free replacements than spend 100 bucks on a single servo conversion if possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mlmf View Post
    So it happened to me. Both my servos stripped out internally. The truck is less than 3 months old. I know that the servos are junk from the start, but are they covered under any warranty?? I'd rather get free replacements than spend 100 bucks on a single servo conversion if possible!!
    You can try an call Traxxas and explain thatís itís only a few months old but itís past the 30 warranty so you might be out of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    C.I. RC

RC Enthusiast
    Just kinda crappy that it's such a well know issue. I almost feel like Traxxas should just send out 2 replacement servos to all owners. This is literally only the 2nd time I've even driven it relatively hard. And I didn't even have a single major crash or flip or anything. These servos are not great and should never have even been on a truck with this much weight and power. My opinion. I mean....I new it was gonna happen eventually, but jeez....didn't even make it through a single season?? That just leaves a bad taste. I used to bash my tmaxx WAY harder than I've basher my Revo.

Just kinda crappy that it's such a well know issue. I almost feel like Traxxas should just send out 2 replacement servos to all owners. This is literally only the 2nd time I've even driven it relatively hard. And I didn't even have a single major crash or flip or anything. These servos are not great and should never have even been on a truck with this much weight and power. My opinion. I mean....I new it was gonna happen eventually, but jeez....didn't even make it through a single season?? That just leaves a bad taste. I used to bash my tmaxx WAY harder than I've basher my Revo.
    They will usually work with you give them a call it wonít hurt explain what happen and that itís only you 2nd time Driveing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    C.I. RC

I agree that the servos should just have metal gears stock.

I do think it's just a planed failure mode. To get more $ from us.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Lol@acidic!! Idk...unless they have a stake in savox...I doubt they'll get anymore $$ from me!! If it upgrade my servo....which I most likely will, I'm not buying a Traxxas servo. That's for certain. Im looks my at the savox sw121wsg. Any luck or experience with those? After dropping close to 900 on this thing, I guess I just expected something other than my servos to break....A arms, bent toe rods, bent push rods...the usual stuff.
    Last edited by Mlmf; 07-14-2020 at 09:25 PM.

I run the 1231sg and love it!

Im not sure if you have a different servo than me but I have a 2wd slash with the 2075 servo. I stripped the plastic gears like 1 battery run after i bought bigger tires. I bought the 20$ metal gear kit from eBay i think it was. (Mightve been amazon) I haven't had any issues yet. Used lots of grease. Its louder with the metal gears but works great!!

RC Enthusiast
    A buddy of mine from work, who also has a 2wd slash recommended the exact same thing.

RC Enthusiast
    So after research and such, I'm thinking the single servo setup is the way to go. I don't do a lot of jumping, mostly just dirt bashing. I'm thinking the savox sw1212sg with the Traxxas 5344x heavy duty servo saver. Is there anything else I would need to convert to a single servo? Does that setup sound like a good idea? I'm still a bit new to this truck, and would like it to be as bullet proof as possible.

The 2075 servo in the eRevo is the same as in slash and other cars.

I have a sc 1256tg. It was a upgrade over stock. But now it cant center tires when on ground and not driving.

All depends on price point.

If I was to buy a servo again. I'd get a DS385CLHV 90$ from promodeler. Really I'd get the brushless one but not available at moment or listed on website now. Hmmmm

Or get DS360DLHV 50$

Or if to get really over kill the 630.. out of stock.

So after research and such, I'm thinking the single servo setup is the way to go. I don't do a lot of jumping, mostly just dirt bashing. I'm thinking the savox sw1212sg with the Traxxas 5344x heavy duty servo saver. Is there anything else I would need to convert to a single servo? Does that setup sound like a good idea? I'm still a bit new to this truck, and would like it to be as bullet proof as possible.
    That one would work. And as what was said. Could just replace stock 2075 with metal gear kits. And be better as well.

Single servo has its advantages. It's just the extra cost on a good servo. But the sw1212sg has plenty of tourqe as only need over 300 oz/in in a single set up.

RC Enthusiast
    So I bought a savox sw2210sg servo and the Traxxas hd servo saver. But that led me to the question of why? Why do I need to change out the servo saver? It was only 2.50...so I bought it...but curiosity is killing me!! What will this benefit be over the stock servo saver?
    Last edited by Mlmf; 07-16-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Much stiffer and stronger for the metal gear higher torque servos.

Without the stiffer spring. The stronger servo would just actuate the servo saver vs turning the tires. Depending on what it's sitting on.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok....so my next issue. Thanks, btw, to everyone helping out. So I bought the savox sw2210sg. I went to install it today, and the mounting screws don't line up. It's about an eight inch too short. I'd this normal?? Or is this servo just not gonna work with this truck??