Thread: Diff gear?

RC Racer

Diff gear?

Does anyone like Hot Racing Steel Helical Spiral Differential Gear Set? If so why or why not. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Does anyone like Hot Racing Steel Helical Spiral Differential Gear Set? If so why or why not. Thanks.
    For bashing I just stick to stock. Cheaper to replace once broken.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    If you're blowing out rear diffs try getting a center diff. The science behind the helical gears means the diff is more quiet and efficient than straight teeth but a center diff will fix diff gear stripping issues.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If you are talking about - https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=VXS9282X02;c=455

These are awesome hop up parts but expensive and near impossible to find since they haven't been being made for over a year I believe. They are great if you have the newer diff housing with the cross screw. If you have the older design the new thrust angle created by the helical cut to the gears will cause problems still.

RC poster
    Available right now! Havenít had a diff problem since I got these! Minimizes flexing and movement of the housing!

Quote Originally Posted by Partsmaster2010 View Post
    Available right now! Havenít had a diff problem since I got these! Minimizes flexing and movement of the housing!
    Sweet! Nice to see them back on the market.