RC Enthusiast

Cool Steering Servo #2075

As others have posted, the plastic gears in the servo are weak and cheap.
    That being said: after two months of ownership of my Slash 2WD, I was forced to make a decision yesterday after I lost all steering control.
    I brought my rig inside and popped open the servo compartment and found several teeth missing from two gears.
    I could have easily sent the servo back under warranty or purchase a set of metal gears for the 2075X which I did.
    In my mind, it would have only been a matter of time before the same thing happened again.
    To ship the servo back to Traxxas would have cost me $7.95 as opposed to purchasing the metal gear set out the door with tax & shipping for $27.06; a $19.11 investment I was willing to make.
    This gear set should really augment the T6 aluminum bellcrank I just installed which by the way; has given me super crisp steering response.

I did the same thing after i put big tires on my slash. I bought the metal gears and havent had any issue yet. This was probably 3 or 4 months ago.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Savox 0251 gears are also a drop in replacement for the 2075 gears. I've had a set in for 5 years a still going strong.

https://www.ebay.com/c/2254366807

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaXDee View Post
    Savox 0251 gears are also a drop in replacement for the 2075 gears. I've had a set in for 5 years a still going strong.

https://www.ebay.com/c/2254366807

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Hm. Is that gear set better than the 2075x? Is it the same metal and everything?

RC Qualifier
    I have had good luck with my standard 2075s for years. Recently, my wife took out the gears in the 2075 that I had mounted in my Stampede.
    I opted to replace the plastic gears simply because they were available.
    I am currently running a Savox 1258 in my 2wd Slash. I think once I replace the gears in the broken 2075 I will probably use it in whatever my next build is, or use it for rear steer in my Tamiya 6x6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be a lucky one - or the builder/supplier of Traxxas's servos had a run of quality issues as of late. I ran a single 2070 and later 2075 in my nitro Revo for years with no issues and when they died from use I saved the gears just in case. I remember buying a used 2075 locally from a guy on Craiglist but that was years ago. Recently put a Promodeler in for more power and the 2075 is sitting in a box as a back-up for one of my Slashes.

Before Traxxas came out with their metal-geared servos or the metal gear upgrade, the Savox gears were found to be a direct fit and common replacement. You could go with them or Traxxas's offering.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Is it just me or is this hobby as highly addictive as crack?
    The more I upgrade; the more I want something else and can't stop the vicious cycle of spending money to have even more fun.
    I love it!!;

RC Qualifier

Steering Servo #2075

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Dauber View Post
    Is it just me or is this hobby as highly addictive as crack?
    The more I upgrade; the more I want something else and can't stop the vicious cycle of spending money to have even more fun.
    I love it!!;
    Well, I fund my RC addiction by junk picking bikes and mowers and selling them in the classified ads.
    Thatís a step above stripping wire out of empty apartments for scrap isnít it ?
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dakratfink; 07-20-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Yeah it is lol. Do you rebuild them so they run before you sell them?

RC Enthusiast
    Installed the metal gear set in my 2075 servo this evening and it made a huge difference.
    The steering is more precise and is augmented by a Traxxas aluminum bellcrank.
    I'm quite pleased with this simple upgrade.

Very simple. Anybody could do it i think. It wont go together if its not together right. It works great too. Well worth 20$.

Did you notice if your servo was a bit louder?

RC Enthusiast
    It really didn't have a significant increase in gear noise which I found unusual since they're metal.
    I'm not complaining at all and found that installing the set and clocking them quite easy.
    I simply followed the Traxxas support video and took pics prior to disassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Dauber View Post
    It really didn't have a significant increase in gear noise which I found unusual since they're metal.
    I'm not complaining at all and found that installing the set and clocking them quite easy.
    I simply followed the Traxxas support video and took pics prior to disassembly.
    Yep easy enough. I noticed mine was a little bit louder i thought but maybe its in my head.