RC Enthusiast

Roll center adjustments?

I'm trying to get the maximum ride hight out of my truck and I seen a youtube vid about the E-revo and the roll center adjustment you can make. So I had a close look at my Summit and the exploded diagram and, sure enough, there is an upper and lower position you can put the suspension pin set in through the bulkhead tie bar and into the bulkhead. I looked at the manual for the E-revo and it has a chart for these different positions and different ways to position the "outer toe link end setup". Now I know these trucks are different
    but my question is, if I go ahead and change it to the lower position, do I have to make any other adjustments? And, is there any harm in doing so?

Your not going to gain ground clearance if that is what you are thinking. You gain height by the shock springs.

Your only moving the upper inner a-arms down slightly. You can change it if you want, but you should change the toe-link ends to match the bump-steer chart and check the wheel alignment after.

RC Enthusiast
    Ohhk cool. Yea I wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make, if any, for the amount of ground clearance(height). I'm just tinkering with it and the vid said you gain a bit. Thanks for clearing that up. I've already adjusted the rear shock collars up a bit to bring the back end up and stiffen it a bit. I also moved the push rods to the innermost position on the lower a-arms, front and rear, and adjusted the camber to accommodate that change. That seemed to gain a bit of clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY_METAL View Post
    Ohhk cool. Yea I wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make, if any, for the amount of ground clearance(height). I'm just tinkering with it and the vid said you gain a bit. Thanks for clearing that up. I've already adjusted the rear shock collars up a bit to bring the back end up and stiffen it a bit. I also moved the push rods to the innermost position on the lower a-arms, front and rear, and adjusted the camber to accommodate that change. That seemed to gain a bit of clearance.
    An easy mod I did to help with the rear end sagging or squat was to swap the front and rear shocks. From the factory it has double springs on the rear (28lb) and double orange springs on the front (30.8lb).

RC Enthusiast
    Hah yeah. Smart move