RC Racer

TRX6 transmission ticking

Any body else get a ticking sound after they do some high speed runs in their trx4/trx6?
    I know these machines are crawlers but I like to push the speed boundaries of my TRX6 every once in a while. The ticking sound is not permanent, it comes and goes. Sometimes the ticking is very audible and sometimes you can barely hear it. It is not consistent at all.
    I've taken apart the transmission many times and could not find any dirt, binding, or cracked gears. It does not bother me as much as it used too but I still can't help but wonder what's causing it.

RC Champion
    Hi mate, check the wheels hubs and transmission axles, maybe the "click" you hear come from there.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Hi mate, check the wheels hubs and transmission axles, maybe the "click" you hear come from there.
    oh sorry i forgot to add, the ticking is more audible on high gear and doesn't really do it in low gear.
    Also, disconnected the front and rear driveshafts and can still hear the clicking

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstudded_6.0 View Post
    oh sorry i forgot to add, the ticking is more audible on high gear and doesn't really do it in low gear.
    Also, disconnected the front and rear driveshafts and can still hear the clicking
    Check the differentials and maybe put a little of grease on this gearbox.

Yeah, happens to mine too, its not there in low gear but in second, it somewhat clicks, and audibly clicks in second gear reverse for me. It's nothing much, and I haven't found a way to fix it. I use an Hobbywing Axe system, it pushed around 20mph full throttle.

I've taken the transmission out and inspected the gears but everything is normal, you'll get used to it and forget about it.

Mabye it has something to do with the second axle putting some strain on the transmission?
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Yeah, happens to mine too, its not there in low gear but in second, it somewhat clicks, and audibly clicks in second gear reverse for me. It's nothing much, and I haven't found a way to fix it. I use an Hobbywing Axe system, it pushed around 20mph full throttle.

I've taken the transmission out and inspected the gears but everything is normal, you'll get used to it and forget about it.

Mabye it has something to do with the second axle putting some strain on the transmission?
    your symptoms are like mine as well and I also have the axe 550 system. I opened every axle, portal, and transmission yesterday and found nothing wrong. Re-greased everything and the ticking was gone but after a few high speed runs, it's back lol. Not as loud as before but it's there. I guess this is the new norm, oh well. I can live with that. And as long as I keep the esc fan running i can barely hear it anyways haha.

RC Competitor
    its the intermediate axle check your bearing races if they spin they ruin the alignment

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by chris5100 View Post
    its the intermediate axle check your bearing races if they spin they ruin the alignment
    I've disconnected all the drive shafts, let the car run while upside down and it's still ticking, took the transmission out, spun it by hand, still ticking. So it's the transmission. I've learned to live with the tick after disassembling the tranny at least 5 times and cant find anything wrong.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    play with the shifter my original transmission made goofy sounds because sand got in the shifter ruining all the clearances. the rc lions metal transmission is a good upgrade though removes the only plastic gear in the drive line thats what I put in its better super tough so far running an axe motor cranked all the way up I have broke 3 portal gears and 2 axle shafts ripped the tie rod off the right side portal. I have gave my trx6 a hard life playing on cliffs