Thread: Slipper

RC Enthusiast

Slipper

I am wondering some things about the Traxxas Summit slipper. This https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=TRX15GP;c=431 slipper, can you only use half of that? I have seen people using both halfís. In the summit there are three pads stock, can you use more than 3, because thatís one of the parts that I donít get.

You can use 6 of the stock pads with that Hot Racing slipper. The problem is on the hub side of the two pieces it is not machined completely all the way. They left a ridge where you would put the steel disc on it, so it doesn't sit flush. That's why I only use the pad holder half.

RC Enthusiast
    So you can still use 6 pads on one disc using the pad holder and the other part that comes stock on the summit?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown8 View Post
    So you can still use 6 pads on one disc using the pad holder and the other part that comes stock on the summit?
    Yes. That's how I have mine.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry, but can I just ask one more question. Can I use 6 of the Hot Racing TRX15HS Aluminum Hard pads or just 6 of the stock pads? Can I also use the Traxxas Model# 5352R instead of the stock one?
    Last edited by Unknown8; 07-22-2020 at 04:44 PM.

No worries, ask away. You can use 6ea of either the Traxxas ones or Hot Racing ones, or another manufacturer. As long as they fit the stock slipper clutch they will fit this Hot Racing slipper clutch. The only thing you can't do is install 6ea of the Hot Racing Long slipper pads, as these pads are already oversized.

RC Enthusiast
    Getting great info reading these posts. Now I have some questions though. Instead of going with 6 of the little pads, why not just get the Hot Racing Super Duty Slipper System with the 1 full pad?(TRX15EX06). Also, on the stock pressure plate and hub (5351) there are 6 pegs that hold the 3 pads. On the Super Duty system there is an octagon shape that the pad fits into and holds it. On the Heavy Duty Pressure Plate and Hub (TRX15GP), what holds the 3 or 6 pads on? Are there pegs on the back side? It doesn't show in the picture. Or am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY_METAL View Post
    Getting great info reading these posts. Now I have some questions though. Instead of going with 6 of the little pads, why not just get the Hot Racing Super Duty Slipper System with the 1 full pad?(TRX15EX06). Also, on the stock pressure plate and hub (5351) there are 6 pegs that hold the 3 pads. On the Super Duty system there is an octagon shape that the pad fits into and holds it. On the Heavy Duty Pressure Plate and Hub (TRX15GP), what holds the 3 or 6 pads on? Are there pegs on the back side? It doesn't show in the picture. Or am I missing something here?
    You could go with the Super Duty slipper if you wanted. I haven't used it so I cannot comment much on it. The only thing negative I have against it is if the pad wears out or you break it. You would need to purchase a replacement from Hot Racing. With the TRX15GP you could use any replacement slipper pads not just Hot Racing parts.

The Heavy duty one has double the amount of pegs (12 total) that can be used.

Another trick that can be done is to use a T-Maxx brake disc instead of the 3 pads. That would be one pad also. And to install, no extra parts are required to use it.

RC Enthusiast
    Rrright. OK. Awesome!