RC poster

ESC battery connector

I purchased a used xmaxx that they ran aftermarket batterys in and the connector on the ESC has been changed. Traxxas does not seem to sell the connector to convert back to the ID connector.

Anybody know where I can find a connector to swap back?

If you know what the connector thats on the truck is, you might be able to buy an adapter to fit it to traxxas connectors.

Traxxas part number 3060 is a traxxas connector that you need. Youll buy that. Cut that connector off. Resolder your new one on. That connector is the female plug that comes on traxxas esc's.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Calebs0615; 07-23-2020 at 06:00 PM.

RC poster
    Connector on the ESC says IC5, battery is EC5. I just dont want to buy a wrong part.

Quote Originally Posted by bcktx View Post
    Connector on the ESC says IC5, battery is EC5. I just dont want to buy a wrong part.
    Well i believe that those are compatible with each other. Will they fit in each other?

I just found this on reddit.

RC poster
    I am sorry, I was not clear. The Traxxas batteries use the Traxxas ID connector. My truck has an IC5 on the speed controller. I am having a hard time finding an ID to IC5 convertor.

Quote Originally Posted by bcktx View Post
    I am sorry, I was not clear. The Traxxas batteries use the Traxxas ID connector. My truck has an IC5 on the speed controller. I am having a hard time finding an ID to IC5 convertor.
    Thats okay. I mightve misunderstood too. Traxxas doesnt like to give they're products to anybody so they can make adapters and what not. Thats why you cant find one. They most likely dont have one.

So the traxxas battery has a female end right?

If you buy the male end I stated in #2 post, and replace the connector on your esc with that male one, you should be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    Traxxas part number 3060 is a traxxas connector that you need. Youll buy that. Cut that connector off. Resolder your new one on. That connector is the female plug that comes on traxxas esc's.

I second this.

This may also work for you it says ec5. And if ic5 and ec5 are compatible it may work. But I had adapters I have issues with them most times

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DN5BPZT..._C-HgFbTPHETR6

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I second this.

This may also work for you it says ec5. And if ic5 and ec5 are compatible it may work. But I had adapters I have issues with them most times

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DN5BPZT..._C-HgFbTPHETR6

I believe that should work if the ec5 and ic5 are compatible like the people said on reddit. Id do the connector path if it was me. But its whatever you want to do ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    I believe that should work if the ec5 and ic5 are compatible like the people said on reddit. Id do the connector path if it was me. But its whatever you want to do ultimately.

Connectors path is easier. And perhaps best if no solder iron. But more reliable to solder on a new connectors. I got tired of melting adapters

Connectors path is easier. And perhaps best if no solder iron. But more reliable to solder on a new connectors. I got tired of melting adapters

Thats what i meant im sorry haha. The traxxas connector not the adapter. Adapters melt like you said and can cause fires as well.

Traxxas does offer the ID connector that can be soldered onto the ESC (I replaced the XT60 connector on the Hobbywing 1080 with this):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Mal...wAAOSwiX1eK5Cf
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

The difference between RCWilly's and the one i pointed out is 3060 gives you a male and female connector and 3070 gives you two male connectors.

This is one their website. Pick your poison.

Last edited by Calebs0615; 07-23-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Be careful when picking out Traxxas connectors to put on an ESC. The new ID connectors are different for the X-Maxx ESC (and Maxx esc) that can use 4s batteries. The 4s ID Traxxas batteries won't work with their ID connectors they sell. The 4s connectors are bigger.

Here is a picture of the ones they sell:

Here is the one that is needed to fit the 4s ID Traxxas battery

You would need to modify the plug where circled in the first photo or find a first generation connector.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Be careful when picking out Traxxas connectors to put on an ESC. The new ID connectors are different for the X-Maxx ESC (and Maxx esc) that can use 4s batteries. The 4s ID Traxxas batteries won't work with their ID connectors they sell. The 4s connectors are bigger.

Here is a picture of the ones they sell:

Here is the one that is needed to fit the 4s ID Traxxas battery

You would need to modify the plug where circled in the first photo or find a first generation connector.
    Thanks for that input. I didn't know that.

A 1st Gen non iD female trx connector, Will fit on either the male 6s or 8s iD plug with no mods.

RC Enthusiast
    A 1st Gen non iD female trx connector, Will fit on either the male 6s or 8s iD plug with no mods.

yes while they fit when I send my truck after 4-5 jumps the battery disconnects - I am looking for the new ID connectors as well but it seems they only supply them with batteries why I also keep an eye on people trying to sell "old" ones for cheap so I can just take the connector off but no luck so far ...

RC Competitor
    Search Ebay, i've seen them on there..