Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Rustler. It’s longer than the stampede, so the front wheels won’t lift as much. If you want wheelies, go for the stampede. If you don’t, go for the Rustler. I think you can still do wheelies in it, but you need to tochten the clutch a lot, I think

RC Competitor
    Hey guys, i am super exited and shocked! i just got the rustler 4x4 vxl. i also got a 11.1v 7000mah battery and another 11.1v 5200 mah battery. It is so powerful! I am lovig it. Sucks that my batteries died. haha it was fun using them! Thanks for all the help and reccomednations. (Cant spell that correctly). My steering is set to the oppisite way i want it. how do i change that?

RC Competitor
    He is referring to the Rusty. But I think you should get a Slash VXL 4x4. If you can't stomach nitro, the Slash VXL will go faster and take more abuse than the others mentioned. My opinion.
    Slayer Pro, Slash VXL 4x4, Jato 3.3, Rustler 2.5

RC poster
    I just bought my 2nd and 3rd jatos. I'm keeping them gas. It was a pain to get them up and running but now they start right up with no issues. I love nitro!

Quote Originally Posted by NitroRusty123 View Post
    Hey guys, i am super exited and shocked! i just got the rustler 4x4 vxl. i also got a 11.1v 7000mah battery and another 11.1v 5200 mah battery. It is so powerful! I am lovig it. Sucks that my batteries died. haha it was fun using them! Thanks for all the help and reccomednations. (Cant spell that correctly). My steering is set to the oppisite way i want it. how do i change that?
    If your steering is reversed check that the servo wire is in the rx in the right orientation.

Otherwise you can swap direction with the transmitter. In the settings. Look at the manual in the back for the menu tree and what sequence.

Easiest is using the Bluetooth link module.

I think it may be a firmware issue as my Merv had that issue but a rx update fixed the issue. ( Update with link module)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I reversed the steering on it. It is a beast! Super fast. I just need to fix the slop in the driveshaft now. And i have no idea how to do it. It does not move along the shaft but it moves up and down and side to side. It moves the spur along with it.

Center driveshaft shouldn't move "up and down and side to side." It should only move front and back to account for chassis flex. Check to see if your spur gear has not melted down or it's bearing is still good. Regardless, you should upgrade to a metal bearing adapter.

Good luck and have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    ok thanks. i will see what the problem is when i have time.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean View Post
    IMO, 2wd is uncontrollable without TSM/AVC. But I'm not very experienced
    Mastering a 2Wd without driving aids is rewarding , but can be frustrating. Aside from them ruined driving aids, Good tires make all the difference in 2wd.
    Most 4x4 ( Traxxas and other brands,too) you can run the stock RTR tires in just about any conditions,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12