RC poster

New owner of a well used xmaxx, having issues

I'm a new owner of a well used xmaxx as of Tuesday. It's been having some issues I've been trying to figure out. When I got the truck, the truck motor/drive was glitching really bad on any throttle input and sometimes wouldn't respond to the radio at all for the drive motor. I posted on a fb page about it, and someone recommended that I get the Traxxas link for my tx, and update the firmware of the truck. I got the link today
    Updated the tx,Rx, and esc. Took it out and the truck runs great now. But now has a new issue. I have no brakes at all. Truck will run in forward and reverse. But no brake in between. This has caused my first wreck today. All my trims are on default settings. And brake is set at 100% but nothing is there.
    What can I try to do to fix this issue?
    Any help or input is greatly appreciated

Perhaps in link app try pressing reset to defaults.

Something seems not set right. Also perhaps try playing around with the break settings. Perhaps it will fix itself?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Turn the truck upside-down when doing testing. So you don't have to worry about a run away truck.

RC poster
    App was all set to defaults. And had no brakes. I recalibrated the esc manually and now have brakes again. Bit don't know if all the issues Re fixed as I broke the front right pins that hold the hub to the a arms, so can't drive it till those show up

Glad you got the esc issue fixed and have brakes again.

I keep all the pins on hand.

At some point you may want to give the car a tear down and go over things. Check for broken items, bearings that may need replaced or cleaning and regreased.

Minimum a good inspection. Make sure no cracks in a arms or bulk head. As used. It all depends on what kind of abuse it's been though. Be on top of it for what may break next.

RC poster
    Well when it didn't have brakes, I found out the wrong way as the truck slammed into some landscaping bricks in my yard and broke a pin.
    I need to tear the truck down and clean it and remove the spray paint on alot of the parts from a previous owner. It's painted metallic blue, metallic green, and metallic red. And it's ALL flaking.
    So when I tear down for that I can go over the truck better

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC_SRT View Post
    Well when it didn't have brakes, I found out the wrong way as the truck slammed into some landscaping bricks in my yard and broke a pin.
    I need to tear the truck down and clean it and remove the spray paint on alot of the parts from a previous owner. It's painted metallic blue, metallic green, and metallic red. And it's ALL flaking.
    So when I tear down for that I can go over the truck better
    Take advantage to check the trick when you took off this paint.