RC Racer

New Tires and Must do mods?

Ive added the RPM Front and Rear Bumper Mounts along with the Rear Axle Carriers. I have the Avid Bearings and Upgraded Traxxas Servo on the way. I didn't want to wait around for the promodeler, but I will likely get one down the road if I feel I need it.

Are there any decent alternatives out there to the wheel hex clips? I shot one of those things completely across my apartment today, took me forever to find it. There has to be something better!

Ive got a few other upgrades in mind, but would love to hear what your "Must do" mods are.

I would also like to get some info on peoples experience with a mostly stock 8s for the trenchers and badlands?

Thanks
    DT
    X-MAXX, Stampede VXL 4x4, Spartan

For the wheel clips stock is what there is. Grab with needle nose plyers next time?

Other upgrades, Shock sock perhaps or use old bike inner tubes ( more robust than the cloth socks.). Perhaps a extra a arm and a diff ring gear, steering link to keep on hand. Stiffer springs if doing big air.

Rpm threaded hinge pins, if you have rpm a arms. Aluminum servo horn if getting a much more powerful servo.

Rpm body roof skid guards.

Tailgate Body resistrctor mod?

Truck is pretty solid stock really.

I've put hr diff covers on mine as I do big air and wanted to keep the diff housing stiff after breaking a bulk head and breaking stock diff cover. Reports are it helps from breaking ring gears if doing big air. If not doing big air I don't think the cost is worth it.

Im still on stock tires on my xmaxx I kelar string wrapped mine shortly after getting and yet to blow a tire. Badlands on erevo2 was a nice upgrade and really made a difference. And I will probably do Badlands once I need tires on xmaxx. I have 2.8nbadlands on the 2wd rustler. I have trenchers on my Merv. Better than stock but I don't have a apples to apples comparison for you.

Depending on what terrain and conditions you run in. May want to regrease your new bearings in Marine grease. If your in water or beach sand. Will give you longer life between servicing imho. I really don't care for the stock bearing grease. Does give more rolling resistance, but they stay smooth longer. way more of a pain to clean when you do repack them. Gotta have the good chlorine based break cleaner or other good solvent. As most cleaners I've tried don't clean the bearings out for me.

Mega rpm bearing blaster helps. Tool that you put bearings into for cleaning.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Acidic01; 07-29-2020 at 11:08 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dt393 View Post
    Ive added the RPM Front and Rear Bumper Mounts along with the Rear Axle Carriers. I have the Avid Bearings and Upgraded Traxxas Servo on the way. I didn't want to wait around for the promodeler, but I will likely get one down the road if I feel I need it.

Are there any decent alternatives out there to the wheel hex clips? I shot one of those things completely across my apartment today, took me forever to find it. There has to be something better!

Ive got a few other upgrades in mind, but would love to hear what your "Must do" mods are.

I would also like to get some info on peoples experience with a mostly stock 8s for the trenchers and badlands?

Thanks
    DT
    When I work with this pieces, I use a magnetized clamp.

RC Racer
    My technique for the wheel nut clips is to palm a jeweler's flat-tip screwdriver so you can pinch your pointer finger against the end. Then use your hand with the screwdriver as a simultaneous prybar and tweezer. Seems to work pretty well.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post
    My technique for the wheel nut clips is to palm a jeweler's flat-tip screwdriver so you can pinch your pointer finger against the end. Then use your hand with the screwdriver as a simultaneous prybar and tweezer. Seems to work pretty well.

Good system, you can magnetize this screwdriver if you want.

RC Racer
    I had much more success doing this today while replacing some bearings. Thanks Juan!
    X-MAXX, Stampede VXL 4x4, Spartan

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dt393 View Post
    I had much more success doing this today while replacing some bearings. Thanks Juan!
    You're welcome mate.