Sexy new Promodler servo

https://www.promodeler.com/DS930BLHV

So they just came out with a new servo. 930oz/in at 8.4v

710oz/in at 6v.

Spendy but if you want milspec servo and the best your hard earned rc allowance will get ya here ya go.

Oh and it's in stock!

https://www.promodeler.com/1400x/140...cs-lineart.jpg

Just sitting here drooling over it. To bad I don't need a servo for the xmaxx yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    it I just bought the Traxxas upgrade Servo (arriving tomorrow) because everyone said the promodler would take a month to get in lol. This is so my impatience and luck!

Traxxas has a strict language policy as you can see the filter was tripped by covering a word you used. Please keep it clean.
    Last edited by Double G; 07-30-2020 at 07:34 AM.
    X-MAXX, Stampede VXL 4x4, Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by dt393 View Post
    it I just bought the Traxxas upgrade Servo (arriving tomorrow) because everyone said the promodler would take a month to get in lol. This is so my impatience and luck!
    Well can always return the one you ordered still I guess? Refuse shipment?

Yeah the 630 is still listed as backordered... I had emailed them a few wks ago. And he said to check back in the following wk. Which I forgot to do. Just did a bit ago and he sent me the link to the new servo.

Figured all needed to get this beast known to the world.

Last edited by Double G; 07-30-2020 at 07:34 AM.

I love their servos. I don’t have one yet but you can always tell good quality stuff when you see it and it looks like they take pride in their products. Whenever the ones in my revo 2.0 die I’ll be getting one from them. I honestly can’t believe my factory 2075s are still going. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    I love their servos. I donít have one yet but you can always tell good quality stuff when you see it and it looks like they take pride in their products. Whenever the ones in my revo 2.0 die Iíll be getting one from them. I honestly canít believe my factory 2075s are still going. Lol
    Same here I've yet to have one of their servos. Reading the comparisons, and what they put into it. You know it's engineering pride vs accounting and marketing making the decisions.

When I got back into the hobby 2y ago with a erevo2. All my research said the 2075 servo would be first part broken,. So I got a savox that lhs handed me to have when the servos died. I only put it in the savox when my nitro slayer needed a new servo and I wasn't going to put the savox in that. So I did the swap and saved the other 2075 to put into my rustler. Now the savox is getting tired. Was going to get a promodler 360 for the rustler, But figured might as well use what's in the spare parts bin first.

RC Racer
    I was waiting on the 630 but now I'm seriously tempted to pick this one up. If I hadn't just spent $250 on an Arrowmax tool set and some other assorted parts, I would have already ordered.

Coming from the stock 125 oz/in (yeah, haven't broke it yet), do you guys really think 710 Oz/in isn't just massive overkill?
    Last edited by cgrant26; 07-30-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Sexy new Promodler servo.

Hey Acid, I don't think you're allowed to say "sexy." I think you're suppose to say "Gender Appealing." You better be more careful, or you might get your fingers washed out with soap. (lol)
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 07-30-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    I love their servos. I don’t have one yet but you can always tell good quality stuff when you see it and it looks like they take pride in their products. Whenever the ones in my revo 2.0 die I’ll be getting one from them. I honestly can’t believe my factory 2075s are still going. Lol
    Wait until you open the package and see the box it came in. Open it up and you'll be impressed by it even more. John, the owner, is very responsive and pleasant in his emails as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Same here I've yet to have one of their servos. Reading the comparisons, and what they put into it. You know it's engineering pride vs accounting and marketing making the decisions.

When I got back into the hobby 2y ago with a erevo2. All my research said the 2075 servo would be first part broken,. So I got a savox that lhs handed me to have when the servos died. I only put it in the savox when my nitro slayer needed a new servo and I wasn't going to put the savox in that. So I did the swap and saved the other 2075 to put into my rustler. Now the savox is getting tired. Was going to get a promodler 360 for the rustler, But figured might as well use what's in the spare parts bin first.
    I have the DS270 in my Slash 4x4 with the BEC turned up to 7.4v and the DS360 in my nitro Revo powered with a LiFe receiver battery. Fantastic servos. I'll go Promodeler with the throttle servo and my son's Slash's steering servo when one of the kicks the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Hey Acid, I don't think you're allowed to say "sexy." I think you're suppose to say "Gender Appealing." You better be more careful, or you might get your fingers washed out with soap. (lol)
    Or use this:
    Last edited by Double G; 07-30-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    If you want really good servos and donít mind spending for one, look at MKS servos. They have one that is 900oz plus. Not cheap though at nearly $200.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

RC Racer
    So I pulled the trigger on the 930. Talk about customer service! John personally called me first thing this morning to confirm the application and what horn I was planning on using so he could make sure it would work. Turns out the Hot Racing X-maxx horn does not work so he set me up with one that will. All around nice guy and as stated above, very responsive.

Now to hurry up and wait...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Aybibadre.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post
    I was waiting on the 630 but now I'm seriously tempted to pick this one up. If I hadn't just spent $250 on an Arrowmax tool set and some other assorted parts, I would have already ordered.

Coming from the stock 125 oz/in (yeah, haven't broke it yet), do you guys really think 710 Oz/in isn't just massive overkill?
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post
    So I pulled the trigger on the 930. Talk about customer service! John personally called me first thing this morning to confirm the application and what horn I was planning on using so he could make sure it would work. Turns out the Hot Racing X-maxx horn does not work so he set me up with one that will. All around nice guy and as stated above, very responsive.

Now to hurry up and wait...
    LOL! That "waiting" didn't take long.
    After having one of their servos first hand (DS470), they are high quality. You won't be disappointed.

RC poster
    I’m planning on purchasing the BS930 servo, just curious did John say why the hot racing servo horn will not work?

It is probably a difference in the spline diameter.

They list the diameter of on the spec page but I'm unable to find out what diameter the 2085 or 2085z servo uses. Or hr listing the horn diameter.....

https://www.promodeler.com/PDRS209-930

Servo plus aluminum horn and beam mod.

I measured the spline diameter of the Traxxas 2085 servo at around 7.7mm. The standard servos use a smaller diameter spline measured around 5.9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I measured the spline diameter of the Traxxas 2085 servo at around 7.7mm. The standard servos use a smaller diameter spline measured around 5.9mm.
    Thanks for measuring. The 930 is a 5.9mm spline. So looks like it keeps it as a standard spline size. Where the stock xmaxx servos where non standard.

I wonder how many steering parts (in any vehicle) this servo will break because of forgetting to set end points.

Or in general? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I wonder how many steering parts (in any vehicle) this servo will break because of forgetting to set end points.

Or in general? LOL
    Probably quite a few.

Is also a servo that probably wants it's own small 2s batteries pack vs using bec.

Man Oh Man Acidic01 - I leave the site for a couple of days and now we're talking a DS930BLHV servo that probably could steer my 2000 Chevy S-10 if my power steering goes out.

The darn DS630BLHV ProModeler servo can steer through wet cement and this 930 could probably steer through partially dry cement that is setting up.

Heck, I know a guy using the DS360DLHV in his X-Maxx and has yet to have a complaint about it under-steering at 7.4 volts@330oz-in.

I could see needing the 930 servo if 12 inch tires were available for the X-Maxx but as long as they are in the 8~8.5 inch range, I think the 630 ProModeler more than gets the job done.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    It is probably a difference in the spline diameter.

They list the diameter of on the spec page but I'm unable to find out what diameter the 2085 or 2085z servo uses. Or hr listing the horn diameter.....

https://www.promodeler.com/PDRS209-930

Servo plus aluminum horn and beam mod.

Yeppers. The 3-screw X-Maxx servos use the larger spline diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Man Oh Man Acidic01 - I leave the site for a couple of days and now we're talking a DS930BLHV servo that probably could steer my 2000 Chevy S-10 if my power steering goes out.

The darn DS630BLHV ProModeler servo can steer through wet cement and this 930 could probably steer through partially dry cement that is setting up.

Heck, I know a guy using the DS360DLHV in his X-Maxx and has yet to have a complaint about it under-steering at 7.4 volts@330oz-in.

I could see needing the 930 servo if 12 inch tires were available for the X-Maxx but as long as they are in the 8~8.5 inch range, I think the 630 ProModeler more than gets the job done.
    That was my thought as well but I'm just too **** impatient. My X-Maxx is still mostly stock so at least initially I'm going to run this on the stock 6V. That still gets me .168sec/60* and 710 oz/in. Still kind of frightening that this thing will draw 5.5A when it stalls at 6V. End points will definitely be getting set first thing. lol

RC poster
    Guys, what do you think about powerfull standart size servos with traxxas servo adapter?
    savox sw2290sg waterproof (ip67) 50kg and 0.13sec at 7.4v
    Futaba hps700 49kg/680oz and 0.075 sec/60į at 7.4V
    Both work on 8.4v too. Savox has similar power with promodeler, (900+oz) but futaba is unrated at 8.4v. Too much people use max6 so ratings at 8.4v is useless because of bec voltage. Futaba is much faster than others. Do you think promodelers is better choice than futaba?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mertcanozgur View Post
    Guys, what do you think about powerfull standart size servos with traxxas servo adapter?
    savox sw2290sg waterproof (ip67) 50kg and 0.13sec at 7.4v
    Futaba hps700 49kg/680oz and 0.075 sec/60į at 7.4V
    Both work on 8.4v too. Savox has similar power with promodeler, (900+oz) but futaba is unrated at 8.4v. Too much people use max6 so ratings at 8.4v is useless because of bec voltage. Futaba is much faster than others. Do you think promodelers is better choice than futaba?
    Hi mate, the powerfull is the servo, better performance, if you need to use the high voltage specs of any servos, you can use an UBEC for the 8.4v. Promodeler is the premium one, top materials and specs.