Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Got a TRX6

Pulled the trigger today on the matte grey version. Someone told me it came with rock lights, mine did not. Is it supposed to?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

It is supposed to come with the lights on the body, and I'm pretty sure the rock lights are not included.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Congrats on your purchase!

I don't think it comes with rock lights.

According to the website:

FACTORY-EQUIPPED LED LIGHTING
    Rugged and fully-waterproof, the preinstalled LED lighting blazes a path through the darkest night. Accurate scale details abound in the finely crafted headlights, taillights, and side marker lights. Even the roof visor is fitted with brilliant LED lighting. A dedicated power supply regulates the voltage for bright, consistent, and efficient lighting.

It does not mention rock lights. Rock lights are in the accessory section.

Sounds like fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    It's first rock

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club!!!

LIGHTS EVERYWHERE... except rock lights...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    It's first rock

Nice, I was just thinking a second ago that may be I should get a 6WD.
    Itís certainly better looking than the GL 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes although this body is pretty nice, I don't like it very much. I wrestled for three weeks with buying this because I don't like the potty that much. but I figured sooner or later someone will come out with an aftermarket body

RC Racer
    Yes although this body is pretty nice, I don't like it very much. I wrestled for three weeks with buying this because I don't like the potty that much. but I figured sooner or later someone will come out with an aftermarket body

But it would be really hard to beat the detail body produced by Traxxas by an aftermarket competitor.
    Atleast I havenít seen anything better looking than Traxxas , unless Iam not looking in the right places

Yes it is a very detailed body that's for sure. Pretty even. But I would like something a little more hillbilly, and a lot less blingy lol.

RC Racer
    Yes it is a very detailed body that's for sure. Pretty even. But I would like something a little more hillbilly, and a lot less blingy lol.

Scared to damage it eh?

Both mirrors, the roll bar and ft bumper are already scratched lol

RC Champion
    It's first rock

Nice rig mate, enjoy it, it's a beast.

RC Racer
    Magnet mount the body because those body pins will scratch up your paint job!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstudded_6.0 View Post
    Magnet mount the body because those body pins will scratch up your paint job!
    There a magnet kit for Traxxas, do you know of one for TRX-4?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by deuter View Post
    There a magnet kit for Traxxas, do you know of one for TRX-4?

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Fron.../dp/B0797T5HZZ

https://www.ebay.com/c/27022591661

just a few examples. and you can see how they are installed too. easy peasy

I see there are buckets for reverse lights. Any kits to add reverse and turn signal lights?

RC Racer
    I see there are buckets for reverse lights. Any kits to add reverse and turn signal lights?

not directly from traxxas. but there are plenty of universal kits online

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So my biggest issue with this truck was the body and how I didn't like it. Well... I like it now lol. It is growing on me. It's too pretty. I'm gonna beat it up. Maybe an apocalyptic mad max type theme... I did it with my hardbody bangood 16th scale wpl and it came out very cool (in attached photo). That will be a huge job just pulling everything off the body. Anyone adapt an aftermarket lexan interior into the cab? Approach and departure angles kind of stink, planning on using sport bumpers for now.

Gotta get rock lights. I'll have to do some research on light systems as I know squat. I have a pair of white lights for the reverse lights. I seen in a post on the forum somewhere, and I hope I bookmarked it, where a member patched into the motor wires with a diode or something, and the lights would stay off under forward power, but light up when reversing. Great Scott, have you heard of this? So gonna order the rock lights, and try to figure out the reverse lights. The turn signals will have to wait.

I have my Hobby Porter 7 channel radio. Still undecided if I will use it yet. Debating using the link app with stock radio. The 4 channel limit of the stock radio is killing me. I'd like to add front and back winches at some point, and be able to turn headlights on and off, so that uses up 7 channels.

The tires work surprisingly well. I'm gonna run them. The rims are growing on me too. Does anyone make metal versions of the stock rims?

The motor is strong enough, even in high gear. It has plenty of wheel speed when you need it. It runs really hot though. I'm gonna pick up a Holmes Hobbies 550 21t brushed motor and a fan for when the inevitable happens. This thing is expensive, and I don't want this to get out of hand too fast hehe.

Not adding any heavy metal stuff down low right now either. That is another investment I don't want to start yet

I ordered 2 3s 5200 60c ZOP Power packs last week so probably 3 more weeks for those. I have a 2200 3s pack that it runs for about 20 min on so I can still play till then. I also ordered a ToolkitRC M8s charger and power supply. If in the market for a powerful charger, check it out. It's pretty amazing for the low price. Sold my Hyperion charger to a new rc friend. Man that thing was a soldier, thanks Jakey for suggesting it!!!

I ordered a 25kg servo from bangood last week also that will arrive with the charger. Need the Traxxas servo horn upgrade to.

So my list for now is
    HH 21T trail master sport 550
    Trx 8247x servo horn
    Trx 8124 bumper
    Trx 8125 bumper
    Trx 8026x rock lights
    Trx 8897 "other" rock lights lol
    Motor fan I'm thinking this one
    https://www.ebay.com/p/24037998850
    I have the paint and materials to ugly up the body.

This truck is pretty crazy. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

You could stretch some 2.2s over 1.9 tires, they don't look stretched at all, as long as you go with same tire width that is.

Mabye get a HW 1080 ESC instead? Better control than the XL5, but your choice.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

Always a possibility for sure. If the Holmes motor holds up well, I probably will eventually (crossed fingers).

Guess I should consider the micro servos... What servos do you guys recommend?

RC Champion
    Always a possibility for sure. If the Holmes motor holds up well, I probably will eventually (crossed fingers).

Guess I should consider the micro servos... What servos do you guys recommend?

About servos, I recommend you JX or Power HD, nice prices and good specs for crawling.

Which of those do you use?

RC Champion
    Which of those do you use?

In JX, I use this:

http://www.jx-servo.com/en/Product/F.../fmcs/460.html

And in Power HD this:

http://www.chd.hk/Product_Detail.aspx?id=156

Those are not micro servos.

RC Champion
    Those are not micro servos.

Oh, sorry, I understand standar size servos, I found this micros in a video:

https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/ec...o-servo-trx-4/
    Last edited by Juanmacine; 08-02-2020 at 12:33 PM.

The traxxas micro servos work well for me, I've stripped them only because I forgot to turn the truck off when I was taking the apart.

As long as you calibrate them so that they don't make sounds at their resting positions, they will last.

If my HP radio can set end points on all those channels then I can set it up correctly. I will check it out. These servos don't have to pull much weight, so epas should keep even weak servos alive...

Took it out on a full 2s 5000 pack. I am impressed to say the least. Even tho the wheel speed was down, I had everything I needed in high gear. Can't wait till my 3s packs arrive on the slow boat.

Priority #1... Bumpers. This gets hung up on everything, front and rear. I flippin hate them lol. So I'm gonna get some new ones. The sport bumpers are an option. I'm wondering if I can find some affordable, effective metal bumpers to look the part. Any ideas please post a link thanks!

Ordered my rock lights, any clue how to turn them off and on from my transmitter?

Ordered my HH trailmaster sport.

I'll update when I have more...

RC Racer
    Took it out on a full 2s 5000 pack. I am impressed to say the least. Even tho the wheel speed was down, I had everything I needed in high gear. Can't wait till my 3s packs arrive on the slow boat.

Priority #1... Bumpers. This gets hung up on everything, front and rear. I flippin hate them lol. So I'm gonna get some new ones. The sport bumpers are an option. I'm wondering if I can find some affordable, effective metal bumpers to look the part. Any ideas please post a link thanks!

Ordered my rock lights, any clue how to turn them off and on from my transmitter?

Ordered my HH trailmaster sport.

I'll update when I have more...

Nice, so you are changing the motor?
    Why, the defender trx4 motor is not enough to pull the extra weight of the 6X6?

Quote Originally Posted by deuter View Post
    Nice, so you are changing the motor?
    Why, the defender trx4 motor is not enough to pull the extra weight of the 6X6?

Its enough to pull it, but it's just a teeny bit underpowered for my liking and for some others on the TRX6. Although I don't know if brushed motors get more powerful than that.

Since you were talking about the body... I really like this Unimog cab and custom flatbed:

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

I ran a 3s 2200 pack. By end of pack the motor was 185į. That will kill a Titan. I figure the HH motor will last longer, and it's cheaper than the stock motor.

RC Competitor
    the motor is super under powered also its unsealed so the first silty mud puddle will kill all the bearings and it will smoke out. I got a grand total of 20 minutes out of my first motor. get the axe system its worth it makes the truck run how it should also get a big reef servo and a flysky radio combo. after that get a set of 1.9 wheels and rims so you can use standard tires thats about all the truck really needs to run its max.
    also trim the rear bumper a half inch or it will catch on rocks and end up ripping I lost a tail light that way

I just had a 2.5 hr Creek rocks and dirt run with my buddy and his gen8 axe addition. I ran 2s he ran 3s. I had no issues needing power. In my opinion, it's not underpowered, at no point on the rocks did the wheels ever bind up and stall. Believe me I tried lol, either the tires spun or it powered right through in low gear. I could see where on a single speed sport with the taller gear ratio the Titan might have a rough time.

I ordered the motor as a backup to the Titan because of reported failures. Not because I wanted more umph. I just hate downtime. He recorded some footage I'll post it when he uploads it.

The difference in run time between the 2 was HUGE. He used up about 3k mAh to my 8k mAh. I know I'm running an extra axle but I did not expect such a disparity.

I also ordered bumpers from the traxx edition(only 12$ shipped ebay). So I will be trimming the body bumpers to fit them. I hate the way the back hangs up on every departure. The approach angle sucks too. There were obstacles that the trx6 could not get up on that the axe just popped right up over.

RC Competitor
    the power difference with the axe system is huge but the main issue you will run into with the titan motor is if you run it in sandy or silty water it will eat all the bearings and die not long after just because its a non sealed motor. also the fast eddie bearing set is a worthwhile deal to get if you do any water. the stock bearings rust super easy. also having a 2 speed with a big motor is just gravy on top you double your top speed so you use way less battery on trails. it also wont stall in sticky mud in any gear

https://youtu.be/JgUxlQtkAHE

Sorry my truck is not in the vid till the 4:15 mark in this short vid. I've an injured knee and am still on 1 crutch, so it's hard to traverse in and out of the Creek bed to set up a shot. I'll do a good vid of my truck when I'm better.

My motor is cleaned, and the bushings (the Titan has no bearings) are oiled. All good again.

I also pulled the portals, and the grease I packed in kept water out. I'm gonna check the rest of the axle later, but no water got past the grease. I will pull the seals on the bearings, and pack them with grease too.

RC Racer
    You'll notice a significant increase in run time if you use 3s. Theoretically 50% more, though it will be a little less. And if you gear down some, so the top speed on 3s is just a little faster then stock on 2s, you'll both increase run time, and have even better low speed control. Also better drag brakes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got my rock lights. Hooked them up normally. The on off switched arrived. Let's see if I can figure it out.

https://youtu.be/bJgs1HLWPgk

Night bash! So much fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast