RC Enthusiast

Do I need to buy a maxx ?

I have a ultimate slash , a stampede 4x4 , and a 1/16 e Revo. All of them built up with aftermarket motors , escs , drivetrain , tires and wheels ..... You know the story .

Have room for one more in the stable . Please tell me about the max .
    I know ineed a new charger and 4s batteries .

Is it that much more of a capable set up compared to the trucks I have ??

Thanks in advance .
    Last edited by Slaw32; 07-31-2020 at 08:51 PM.

RC Champion
    The Maxx is more durable
    Amazing fun
    fabricator

RC poster
    The Maxx is amazingly durable, similar to the X-Maxx or perhaps even better. You can't go wrong with it!

RC poster
    Dude, YES you do!

I just sold my 5 year old Rustler VXL 2wd with battery and charger for $300 and got a Green Maxx 2 days ago.

Man this things a BEAST. So much more fun than ANY Rustler, Slash, etc! I love it.

GET IT!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaw32 View Post
    I have a ultimate slash , a stampede 4x4 , and a 1/16 e Revo. All of them built up with aftermarket motors , escs , drivetrain , tires and wheels ..... You know the story .

Have room for one more in the stable . Please tell me about the max .
    I know ineed a new charger and 4s batteries .

Is it that much more of a capable set up compared to the trucks I have ??

Thanks in advance .
    Did you decide yet?

Here's my analysis:
    • Ultimate Slash - Not replaced by Maxx; keep it. This is a good street car and good for smoother offroad as well.
    • 1/16 E-Revo - This is small enough to run in smaller areas compared to any of the others. Keep it if it's reliable.
    • Stampede 4x4 - This is about 15% smaller than the Maxx, but weighs half as much. This truck is a masterpiece, once you replace the shock caps with aluminum ones.

I think the REAL question is whether you want to get a bigger vehicle, and if so, which one. The Maxx is one contender.

However, if you have identical batteries for the Slash and Stampede, you could also use them in an E-Revo 2.0 or Summit.

I bought a Maxx even though I have eight 2S 5 Ah LiPos from other vehicles, but I can't use them in the Maxx. The Maxx needs min. 3S and its battery bay won't fit a pair of standard hard case 2S 5 Ah LiPos. So now I'm spending hundreds more getting LiPos for it.

If you have somewhat beefy 3S packs for your other vehicles, they'll likely be usable in the Max.

If you run mostly 2S, you're better off spending $50 more and getting an E-Revo 2.0 so you can use existing batts.

E-Revos also handle better.
    -Jeremy
    TRX-4|BL Summit|St4mpede|Aton|Maxx|Slash