Thread: E revo vs maxx

RC poster

E revo vs maxx

God Iím so sorry if this topic has been beat up already. Iím new here and canít decide between the two. If there is a previous thread by all means please link it and I can read over it. Looking for some guidance and direction to which is the best fit for me. I really like both. Chime in with your experiences or decisions to why you went with the revo vs maxx. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 21qz View Post
    God Iím so sorry if this topic has been beat up already. Iím new here and canít decide between the two. If there is a previous thread by all means please link it and I can read over it. Looking for some guidance and direction to which is the best fit for me. I really like both. Chime in with your experiences or decisions to why you went with the revo vs maxx. Thank you in advance.
    Short answer look at https://youtu.be/e5nM9gY5p2g

Erevo 2 vs xmaxx. Xmaxx. If basher IMHO. Never played or seen a maxx in person. Erevo2 is a fun car.

You will have fun. It matter the car.

What terrain and play style are you going for?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Short answer look at https://youtu.be/e5nM9gY5p2g

Erevo 2 vs xmaxx. Xmaxx. If basher IMHO. Never played or seen a maxx in person. Erevo2 is a fun car.

You will have fun. It matter the car.

What terrain and play style are you going for?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your input sir! I know most people may go for the maxx mainly for bashing as it seems to have a stronger build. I wonder if you decide to upgrade parts which can be converted easier to match the other.

Maxx modded to be more like the e revo, or
    e revo to be more like the maxx?

I know its probably redundant, but just curious because maybe one just likes the appearance of one vs the other.
    Hope that makes sense.

I built my basher E Revo 2.0 to my liking straight from the box. I bash this truck harder then anything I have ever had. Not a single issue other then going through aftermarket cooling fans lol. I bash so hard I was trashing plastic motor fans each run...went aluminum and I'm only getting a few runs before I roach them by bending their housings or crush them. Lol. I did throw a decent amount of $ into it out the box, but have not looked back. It handles amazing, I send it for big air, run it flat out and love it. The E Revo 2.0 is a bigger, faster platform, but will require some work to make it suited for you. Also you are running 2 batteries vs one so there is that cost too if you dont have a good battery/charging set up. The E Revo also comes as wide as it should be and with steel drive lines. The Maxx is super narrow, comes with plastic drivelines and such. For me to entertain the idea of a Maxx, I would have to figure in the cost of the wide maxx kit and metal drive lines...by doing that you already are more expensive then and out of the box E Revo 2.0. I would also just look at your overall experience level, if you want a smaller grab and go single battery truck with modular construction...the Maxx is a good. If you want bigger, crazy speed and a little more wrench time..E Revo 2.0. Traxxas has been out of stock of E Revo 2.0s for a minute now. This usually happens when they change something in production on a rig and then rerelease it with the new changes. So when they are available again, it may have some changes hopefully based on our feedback from the forums!