RC poster

73 mph 4x4 rustler with 3S

118 kph ~ 73 mph speedrun with standart Velineon power

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. Visually, that doesn't look anything close to 73mph. If I were to guess, is say the GPS's calibration is off. Looks like 45mph, tops. And, owning a Garmin ForeTrex, I know their calibration can go "wonky". Now, of you had simultaneously used two different GPS units, from two different manufacturers, and both were within a few 1/10s mph of each other, I'd be more inclined to believe...but, as I said, visually, that appears to be 45mph max.

Just as an example, dusting one session, it was showing speeds I knew had to be wrong, so I recalibrated, drove around in my car (at different speeds l for about 10 minutes (to verify accuracy), and then tested my cause again, getting the actuate speed.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Thats a lot faster than 45mph, as my Erevo 2.0 does 41 mph on 4s and itís slow af compared to how fast that rustler was moving.

To the OP, share some details on your setup and maybe do a few runs against another high speed rc car/truck and share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Take a look at my youtube channel ? Have runs in a smaller road where you feel the speed a lot better
    This road is an airplane track and looks like nothing ...

RC poster
    70 mph in a smaller road

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Thats a lot faster than 45mph, as my Erevo 2.0 does 41 mph on 4s and it’s slow af compared to how fast that rustler was moving.

To the OP, share some details on your setup and maybe do a few runs against another high speed rc car/truck and share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jaco's foam 3.87" and gearing 23/36 M 1.0

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. Visually, that doesn't look anything close to 73mph. If I were to guess, is say the GPS's calibration is off. Looks like 45mph, tops. And, owning a Garmin ForeTrex, I know their calibration can go "wonky". Now, of you had simultaneously used two different GPS units, from two different manufacturers, and both were within a few 1/10s mph of each other, I'd be more inclined to believe...but, as I said, visually, that appears to be 45mph max.

Just as an example, dusting one session, it was showing speeds I knew had to be wrong, so I recalibrated, drove around in my car (at different speeds l for about 10 minutes (to verify accuracy), and then tested my cause again, getting the actuate speed.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Take a look at my youtube channel ? Have runs in a smaller road where you feel the speed a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by JanH View Post
    Link to the channel? Always enjoy watching RC videos (well, except for prop plane videos...kinda boring...but love jet videos).

EDIT: Ok, I admit...brain not working. I already have the channel...lol. The run on the narrow road doesn't appear that fast...but, the room on the tarmac, now that DOES look like a 70mph run. Guess you could say, 'perspective' truly does make a difference.

Last edited by Panther6834; 08-01-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Enthusiast
    This is awesome and it shows that the stock Velineon system is capable of doing some impressive things. I'm a bit surprised you don't have any cooling added in but I suppose keeping weight down is a factor when your going for top speed and airflow is probably decent at 70 mph.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post
    This is awesome and it shows that the stock Velineon system is capable of doing some impressive things. I'm a bit surprised you don't have any cooling added in but I suppose keeping weight down is a factor when your going for top speed and airflow is probably decent at 70 mph.
    2496 gram Including battery and gps

RC poster
    Next testing 3s 40-50c with 6000 mAh