RC Enthusiast

E-Revo 2.0 - Power cut mid air

So I was out jumping today, and in one of the jumps the truck just cut power mid air. I walked up to it, and noticed it would not forward or reverse but the servo's were working and the fans were spinning. It was practically like it hit LVP 2, but there were no lights flashing on the ESC (was solid green) and the batteries were at 3.8v. Reconnecting the batteries fixed it, but I have no idea why this happened. Any idea what this could be?

Stock electronics with two 3s 5000mAh Traxxas batteries, all about two months old.

RC Competitor
    You said 3.8v? Is that 3.8v per cell?

It's possible that the landing might have jarred something and caused a reset of the ESC. Is she working properly now?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beavis View Post
    You said 3.8v? Is that 3.8v per cell?

It's possible that the landing might have jarred something and caused a reset of the ESC. Is she working properly now?

Yes, 3.8v per cell. This happened mid air; before it landed. Worked like normal after reconnecting the batteries.

RC Competitor
    3.8v per cell is good. If it happens again, I'd call Traxxas and see what they say. Could be a bad ESC, or may just be a loose connection. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBall View Post
    So I was out jumping today, and in one of the jumps the truck just cut power mid air. I walked up to it, and noticed it would not forward or reverse but the servo's were working and the fans were spinning. It was practically like it hit LVP 2, but there were no lights flashing on the ESC (was solid green) and the batteries were at 3.8v. Reconnecting the batteries fixed it, but I have no idea why this happened. Any idea what this could be?

Stock electronics with two 3s 5000mAh Traxxas batteries, all about two months old.
    I ran into a similar issues with power loss during a jump or rollover. The issue was that the pair of batteries were pulling on the black wire that connects them causing a momentary power loss or brownout. If your issue was the same as mine, making sure the batteries are secured (not sliding inside the tray) fixed it for me.
    To write with a broken pencil is pointless.