RC poster

Differential tuning.

Hello, new guy to racing onroads. Local spec class has started for the 4-tec. Looking for ideas on how to tighten up the rear end. She wants to slide out on me. Stock car. Figured thicker diff oils? If so how thick should I jump to for starts?

Matt

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CVRC View Post
    Hello, new guy to racing onroads. Local spec class has started for the 4-tec. Looking for ideas on how to tighten up the rear end. She wants to slide out on me. Stock car. Figured thicker diff oils? If so how thick should I jump to for starts?

Matt
    Just roaming forums and I don't own a 4tec Ford GT, but I've researched them a bit.

Thicker diff oils will cause less differential action and cause more sliding/drifting action. Thinner diff oil will give less sliding/drifting.

Make sure your front diff has thicker diff oil also as this will give better control in turns. These are standard comments for nearly any awd RC car. Check your manual for similar commentary about differential oil.

RC Competitor
    I'm guessing the OP is saying that it slides out on power. If that's the case then thinner rear diff. The front diff is great with a thick fluid so reduces how loose the car is.

RC Enthusiast
    Hiya
    For racing fit 8379 spool to front.
    Will give much more on power grip and take a little steering away but you wont notice it.
    Run around 2k oil in rear diff for a nice balanced chassis.

All race level 1/10th tc run spool front diffs.