RC poster

Unhappy Maxx won't flip anymore with belted tires

Hi all,
    After blowing up my stock tires, I recently put a set of Louise MT-Maxx Uphill (belted) tires on my Maxx. They're pretty much the same size as the stock ones, and quite a bit heavier. They basically don't balloon at all.
    However, I found that I can't seem to do flips anymore at all - with the original wheels, I was able to do double and even triple backflips off my ramp pretty easily, whereas with these I'm lucky to land a single backflip. Any ideas as to why? Is it because the tires don't balloon? Or do I need to increase punch on the ESC? (It wheelies pretty easily, same as stock.)
    On my X-Maxx, I have no problems doing backflips on belted tires...

Running stock motor/gearing, Max8 ESC, widemaxx kit with steel CVDs.

Probably rotational mass and the kinetic energy required to spin them faster.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Then increasing punch on the ESC should help, I assume? The ESC has plenty of power left, I think...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Closus View Post
    Then increasing punch on the ESC should help, I assume? The ESC has plenty of power left, I think...
    The balooning was making the truck flip, nothing to do with power, or the truck, just simple physics. The tyres get out of shape when they baloon, this changes the rotational mass point and un settles the truck in the air allowing you to back flip.

If you want to go back to flips, go to non belted tyres.