RC poster

Slash 4x4, maxx, or....

Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy a slash vxl 4x4, maxx 1/10, or possibly an arrma granite 3s. Obviously there will be some bias in the slash forum but if anyone could give some opinions, that would be great.
    My main problem is so much is out of stock and I'll be moving out of country (Mexico) in 2 weeks. So I have not seen any slashes except a vxl 2wd. I don't really want to spend so much on the maxx but will if there's no other choice. I threw in the arrma because I hear great things about it and I found one nearby. Will be used mostly for fun bashing... All my other cars were from long ago and tamiya's so big difference.
    Any opinions would be great!

Thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    If bashing is going to be your thing, I'd go with the Maxx! Monster trucks are just more capable on more terrain and in my opinion the best bashers because they go more places!

Revo 2.0
    Slash 4x4
    Mini 8 on VXL

Quote Originally Posted by Zanderdubz View Post
    If bashing is going to be your thing, I'd go with the Maxx! Monster trucks are just more capable on more terrain and in my opinion the best bashers because they go more places!

Revo 2.0
    Slash 4x4
    Mini 8 on VXL
    I second this. The slash is quite low to the ground. The clearance alone makes it worth. And 4x4 is a bonus.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

The Slash 4x4 in it's default configuration is a very different type of truck compared to a Maxx. So in that regard, preference will play a huge role. Do you like Short-course trucks? For me, I'm not a huge fan of the miniature tires and oversized body. If you're going for a Monster Truck, you can turn a Slash 4x4 into a Monster Slash by putting 2.8" (Stampede-sized) tires on it and potentially customizing it in other ways as well. My main truck is a Slash 4x4 Monster Truck, and with so much customization, it's not really a short-course truck anymore. The only issue if you went that route, is that with the extra parts cost (tires, etc), you're going to get a lot closer to the price of the Maxx. You might as well just go with a Maxx.

If the Maxx is too expensive, then you could always check out the Stampede 4x4 or a Rustler 4x4. They could be converted into a Monster Slash at some point down the road by swapping in a Slash 4x4 chassis.

RC Racer
    The slash also needs a lot of upgrades to be able to run 3s without breaking every run

Since you're moving to Mexico, I would suggest that you get the Slash 4x4 VXL. Why? The Maxx is too new and you may not have access to all the parts you need to repair/replace/upgrade readily available.

Before you decide, you should look into what and where you can get parts for the rigs you want. That may be a deal breaker on any of your choices.

Good luck with deciding and with your move!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Champion
    I had a MAXX, and my 2 kids and I have a total of 3 Slash 4x4. I prefer the Slash 4x4 over the MAXX. To me it seems alot more durable out of the box. The MAXX seemed to need alot more room to bash, mostly because of the speed it can get. Like the other person said, if your moving to Mexico Slash parts might be easier to get.
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate 2400kv