Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    16

    Lipo Battery options

    I dug before posting to try and find a definitive answer on this. I have an E Revo brushless that is a few years old. When I was running it at the time I had a pair of Orion 4700 MAH 3s Lipos for it, obviously they need to be replaced. What are the biggest 3S batteries that will fit in the OEM battery tray? What batteries is everyone running on these? I have 2 Venom pro chargers that I'll be using to charge the batteries.

    Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,396
    https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php...product_id=583

    7000mha 120c


    As far as others brands not sure. You would have to look at battery tray dimensions and start searching. Or use dimensions from one above. Has to be exactly the same or smaller. As no wiggle room on those.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    16
    Those will work with the 1.0 E Revo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php...product_id=583

    7000mha 120c


    As far as others brands not sure. You would have to look at battery tray dimensions and start searching. Or use dimensions from one above. Has to be exactly the same or smaller. As no wiggle room on those.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    RC Champion Acidic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    beaverton oregon
    Posts
    1,396
    Yes. According to fit guide.
    http://www.smc-racing.com/Traxxas%20Battery%20Guide

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,203
    I ran hobbystar 3S 6200mah in mine and they barely fit without the battery clips. I now run CNH 5000mah black 65C and HRB 5000mah 50C in it. The extra weight of the 6200's was noticeable and harder on things, so I'm working on phasing those out of my rotation for all my 6S trucks and will stick with 5000mah packs in the future. For now, the 6200's are only used in my slampede 4x4 and eJato.

    HS 6200's: https://www.amazon.com/HobbyStar-620.../dp/B07BVF9BX1

    HRB 5000's: https://www.amazon.com/HRB-5000mAh-B.../dp/B07DJ2HKCZ
    CNHL 5000's: https://chinahobbyline.com/index.php...product_id=306

    The CNHL's perform better than the HRB's and as good as the 6200's for the punch feel. I only have one pair currently to see how they do, but so far, I'm really pleased with them.




    I run these in my ERBEv2.

    I just included the smaller 5200 3S pack and the traxxas pack for size comparison. I got the smaller 3S pack to run in my stampede. I got 2 of them, but one lasted about 3 cycles, then dropped a cell. I keep the other for bench tests on my 3S trucks. The traxxas one is one of a pair of the first lipo's I ever bought 4 years ago when I had the ERBEv1 and one of the pair died during the first run, puffed up on me. I was running them in my 6S outcast and never ran them in my ERBEv1 for fear of cooking it's axles/diffs. Found out about the weakness issues after I bought them. I used SMC 2S 7200/7400 hard case packs in the ERBEv1 for most of it's life.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier Rocketzx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I ran hobbystar 3S 6200mah in mine and they barely fit without the battery clips. I now run CNH 5000mah black 65C and HRB 5000mah 50C in it. The extra weight of the 6200's was noticeable and harder on things, so I'm working on phasing those out of my rotation for all my 6S trucks and will stick with 5000mah packs in the future. For now, the 6200's are only used in my slampede 4x4 and eJato.

    HS 6200's: https://www.amazon.com/HobbyStar-620.../dp/B07BVF9BX1

    HRB 5000's: https://www.amazon.com/HRB-5000mAh-B.../dp/B07DJ2HKCZ
    CNHL 5000's: https://chinahobbyline.com/index.php...product_id=306

    The CNHL's perform better than the HRB's and as good as the 6200's for the punch feel. I only have one pair currently to see how they do, but so far, I'm really pleased with them.




    I run these in my ERBEv2.

    I just included the smaller 5200 3S pack and the traxxas pack for size comparison. I got the smaller 3S pack to run in my stampede. I got 2 of them, but one lasted about 3 cycles, then dropped a cell. I keep the other for bench tests on my 3S trucks. The traxxas one is one of a pair of the first lipo's I ever bought 4 years ago when I had the ERBEv1 and one of the pair died during the first run, puffed up on me. I was running them in my 6S outcast and never ran them in my ERBEv1 for fear of cooking it's axles/diffs. Found out about the weakness issues after I bought them. I used SMC 2S 7200/7400 hard case packs in the ERBEv1 for most of it's life.
    I found those cnhl lipos on amazon but they list the size as 30x30x144, I think those are the same pack as the link you gave.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. olds97_lss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    I found those cnhl lipos on amazon but they list the size as 30x30x144, I think those are the same pack as the link you gave.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ordered mine from CNHL directly. They have 3 or 4 "black series" 5000mah packs on their site, 2 with the 65C rating that are slightly different in size. I ordered the ones from the link I posted.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier Rocketzx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    505
    Thanks for clarifying that for me olds. Iím going to grab a set of those cnhl lipos and give them a go, canít hurt for 70ish bucks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •