RC Competitor

Is Jennys RC A reliable website?

Is Jennys RC A reliable website? I am seeing some good traxxas parts for my rustler 4x4 vxl. They also have very low prices. It seems like they sell alot of other traxxas parts also. Any bad expirience with them? Or good?

I have had a pretty good experience with them (ordered some TRX-4 parts from them), and no issues.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

Ive only ordered 1 thing from them. The transmitter and receiver from an xmaxx that gave me tsm for 55$

But to answer your question, Ive heard they're reliable. And i didnt have an issue. Nice and fast shipping.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Yeah they are good. Hard to find popular parts often though. They are a chop shop, meaning they take apart new trucks and sell the parts individually.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yep. Its hit or miss on what you can get.

I would hit up local hobby stores. First. They actually tend to be the cheapest vs online once shipping is factored in.
    Sometimes you just gotta spend a few mins calling around. There are 7 lhs (is another but their selection of parts is very poor for RC cars) in the greater PDX area, but a matter of getting to them.

Online I've used amazon, amain hobbies, hobbytown, eBay, Traxxas online. If aftermarket parts that manufacturer website. Prices can all carry a bit and most have shipping costs that sometimes are more than the part. So keep a eye on those things as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I dont like to use ebay since i ordered a couple parts and other things off of their and some parts never came. It sucks since sometimes the shipping is like 1 month. Hard to wait when your lhs does not have it.

Sorry you have had the experience with eBay.

Since covid a lot of people are getting new cars or playing with their current ones more. So much higher demand in parts. And new parts are not getting made, Or as fast as normal, or shipping restrictions from out of country. so it's making a bit of a shortage in parts.

I have purchased from Jennys RC many times.

Always a good experience with Jenny!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post

Me too! And quick shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    I would hit up local hobby stores. First. They actually tend to be the cheapest vs online once shipping is factored in.
    Sometimes you just gotta spend a few mins calling around. There are 7 lhs (is another but their selection of parts is very poor for RC cars) in the greater PDX area, but a matter of getting to them.
    Would be nice to have that many LHS's around. At the peak in my area, there were 4 within 1 hours drive, now there are really only 2, one is 45 minutes, the other is 1 hour 10 minutes. The closer one carries a lot of traxxas and arrma, so when I'm in a bind, I go there. When I need fuel, I only buy at the LHS. Otherwise, amazon or ebay are my go too's.

I know jenny's is a good seller. I buy from them on ebay periodically and never have issues. Dollarhobbyz is another. The arrma guys live off of Jenny's.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Online I've used amazon, amain hobbies, hobbytown, eBay, Traxxas online. If aftermarket parts that manufacturer website. Prices can all carry a bit and most have shipping costs that sometimes are more than the part. So keep a eye on those things as well.

Nearest hobby shop from me is an hour away, and I can tell you their prices are outrageous vs online prices with shipping factored in. Most parts are 2x the price vs online. So for me online buying is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jennys RC is also a chop shop and offees complete full built assemblies that you can’t get at most retail shops.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Depending on traffic they are all 30m to 1h+ drive from each other. But luckily I got one about 10 mins away that pretty good.

But at least nice for when you have a part you want asap to then take a drive.

The only issue ive ever had with ebay would be i bought the wrong part lol

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    The only issue ive ever had with ebay would be i bought the wrong part lol

I wish that was my only isuue.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroRusty123 View Post
    I wish that was my only isuue.
    That does suck.. Have you ever had issues with packages going to different houses? I use to live in a spot where a GPS would bring you over a mile further up the road.

RC Competitor
    No that never happened to me. Maybe you live in the country where houses are a mile apart? I live in the city and that never happened. Hopefully that mile away neighbor brought that package to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroRusty123 View Post
    No that never happened to me. Maybe you live in the country where houses are a mile apart? I live in the city and that never happened. Hopefully that mile away neighbor brought that package to you.
    Yeah i do.. And yes they would return our packages. Hopefully yours didnt get stolen if you live in a dense area

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post

I think it's one of the best of those sights. Always what you ordeted, and FAST shipping.
    Slayer Pro, Slash VXL 4x4, Jato 3.3, Rustler 2.5

They are great! I used to be one of their most activer buyers a few years back, never had an issue with them.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    They are great! I used to be one of their most activer buyers a few years back, never had an issue with them.
    Same here. Always fast and very responsive to questions.

RC Competitor
    Jennys RC is also a chop shop , but the best you could find on the East Coast. I say ahead of shipping time. And always followed up.
    Slayer Pro, Slash VXL 4x4, Jato 3.3, Rustler 2.5