RC poster

Rear drive loss(drivers side)

Took a shunt on the drivers side. Fairly nasty, it broke lower trailing arm, hex, and bent the axle on that side. I have replaced all the parts that I thought were necessary. However I still have no drive and the wheel will spin freely. The axle was bent fairly bad. When I pulled the rear housing apart nothing seems to be broken or bent. Where the axles go into the ring gear, passenger side only turns with the ring, drivers does not and spins freely. I am thinking that is the issue but I am unsure. Any help would be appreciated.

RC Racer
    have you checked the shafts? was the axle completely disassembled? pics would help a lot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The shaft was bent, I replaced it.i didn’t completely disassemble the entire shaft as it appears there is no binding or issue with it turning with the ring out.

Https://ibb.co/r5yVJvS
    Last edited by Dyonysus; 08-08-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Image

RC Qualifier
    It'd be helpful to know exactly what you replaced so far, and also if you're running an open rear differential. From the photo it looks like the locked rear, but I'm not totally sure.

If your rear axle is locked, my totally uneducated guess is that it's either the drive pin, or one of those spacers that secure the spool into the planetary housing.

The photo shows damage to the inside of the planetary housing, at the base of the ears that hold the spool. It's possible that you'll need to do some more disassembly, because your problem might be the spool itself. While that seems unlikely, bending a 6mm axle shaft also seems unlikely to me, so you must have had a really hard hit. Possibly hard enough to transfer those forces back into the spool.

Unfortunately, internet troubleshooting is spotty, so I'd say take that planetary housing apart and inspect the spool and those spacers. Let us know what you find.

RC poster
    The pin spun half way in the plastic hex. we managed to get it out. I have taken the spool out.... lol
    https://ibb.co/album/9mTL9m

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyonysus View Post
    The pin spun half way in the plastic hex. we managed to get it out. I have taken the spool out.... lol
    https://ibb.co/album/9mTL9m
    oh wow that landing must be so bad lol, i would just rebuild the entire rear drivetrain lol. dont know many micro fractures you have on those "good" components.

RC poster
    I was driving at a friends, ran into some grass about 35ish, there was brick partially buried that I hit with the back left right in front of the wheel. The hit was hard enough to flip it.