RC poster

Classic tmaxx resurrection

So I dug the old ttmaxx classic (4910 I believe is model) black trans did the FOC and single speed conversion. Dropped a hobby star 550 3500kv motor and a hobbywing 120a ESC, running between 2s and 4s batteries. Not really interested in spending alot more and doing the 3.3 suspension/driveshaft deal yet, but am twisting axles. I ordered direct plastic hd axles all the way around but I know I'll twist them again. The ones I started with were VERY abused and I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did. Anyone know if any drop in metal center shafts and/or axles without modification? I don't want to spend a fortune changing all the diffs,bulheads, control arms and stuff rite now. Ultimate goal is all billet at some point but not anytime soon as this doesn't get alot of use, just got bored between building drones and decided the tmaxx needed to get the dust off.

RC poster
    Well thanks for the advice! Threw it back on the shelf to collect dust , twisted second set of axles all the way around so done with it. Won't let this hobby bite me in the again! Had LOTS tied up into RC stuff about 10 years ago, can't afford to do that again! Almost $250 for steel shafts all the way around and all the 3.3 control arms and try track setup. Already $200 into electronics in the truck that was almost $400 12 years ago. Time for permanent retirement I think.

*Traxxas has a strict language policy, please refrain from using such language and edit your post in the event the language filter has removed a word. Thank you.
    Last edited by Double G; 08-19-2020 at 11:15 AM.

That's too bad! By stating you want to stay classic your not going to get many answers if any. There isn't much for driveline upgrades for the classic, although you might find something pop up on E-Bay. Your asking for the classic T-maxx driveline to hold up to brushless power isn't going to work out well as you found out. Running a looser slipper clutch setting will help with the shaft twisting. Many more parts for the 3.3 setup as it shares parts with the revo.