RC Racer

Question TRX 2.5 Marine: Why does it exist?

So, I recently found the #5208 TRX 2.5 marine, and I was wondering, why does it exist? Does anyone know if it bolts in to the Nitro Vee? It never came stock in any vehicles... I am a little confused at the whereabouts of this engine....
    Thanks,
    -TT
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5208
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.

I looked into that Traxxas marine engine for installing into one of my Nitro Vee's. It should mount in the same place and with the multi-shaft accept the stock clutch. The exhaust and throttle would need to be custom fabricated though.

IMO I think they made it for an upgrade to the Pro.15 marine same as when the 2.5 came out as an upgrade for the Pro.15 in the cars. I remember reading a thread where they didn't deny it could be for the Vee, but never offered the support as a Nitro Vee upgrade.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I looked into that Traxxas marine engine for installing into one of my Nitro Vee's. It should mount in the same place and with the multi-shaft accept the stock clutch. The exhaust and throttle would need to be custom fabricated though.

IMO I think they made it for an upgrade to the Pro.15 marine same as when the 2.5 came out as an upgrade for the Pro.15 in the cars. I remember reading a thread where they didn't deny it could be for the Vee, but never offered the support as a Nitro Vee upgrade.
    Interesting, you would think they would put some sort of upgrade kit out for the V... That would be an interesting build, though.
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerTucker View Post
    Interesting, you would think they would put some sort of upgrade kit out for the V... That would be an interesting build, though.
    I would be happy if they would make a nitro engine boat again. Maybe the Spartan or M41 hull with a marine engine.