RC poster

Trying to repair after damaged in car accident

So I was in a car accident with my hoss in the trunk, and the hoss came through like a champ mostly, but the speed controller (3355R) tore off of it's mounting screw mounts. everything still works fine but I am a bit worried about it bouncing around inside during operation.

I unfortunately can't afford to replace the speed controller at this point in time and was hoping to get some ideas on a good way to secure it or if there is a place I could buy just the bottom section of the housing and transfer the internal components.

Thanks

Check eBay for nonworking ESCs (as in electrical issues), and replace the mount. Some people sell them for really cheap. If you can't find a cheap ESC, then you can use a piece of flat plastic screwed into the chassis for flat a place for double-sided tape to stick.
    Last edited by RCWilly; 01-07-2021 at 11:32 PM.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.

RC poster
    Thanks for the thought of checking for non working units, while looking for them I found someone selling a mounting cage for the speed controller that looks like it will solve my problems for ~10 bucks.

Yes, definitely, if RPM has a VXl-3s cage, then I would go with that. I have the cage for my SW4 and it works very well.
    Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.