RC Enthusiast

Question Consensus on Power Up? (Sl4sh)

I know that it's better to sell my current titan and ec-5 and get a 1/8 scale thingy, but my titan is basically gone. Has anyone done the mail in Power Up program? What are the shipping times like? Will they really take a motor regardless of its condition?

On an unrelated note, what temp gun do you guys use? I'm looking for something under $30.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by EclipseMantis View Post
    I know that it's better to sell my current titan and ec-5 and get a 1/8 scale thingy, but my titan is basically gone. Has anyone done the mail in Power Up program? What are the shipping times like? Will they really take a motor regardless of its condition?

On an unrelated note, what temp gun do you guys use? I'm looking for something under $30.

Thanks!!
    I thought about doing this. With LHS But I took the time to resell my stuff after I was no longer going to use it.

It all depends if you are going with trx motor and esc. Can save a few $. If no LHS and mail in probably 2wk to 3 wk turn around depending on shipping times.

I put my old 2.5xl ecs on my ruslter and kept the titan as a spare. to give it lipo then I went with a castle brushless combo for the rustler. Ended up selling my spare esc's, motors and rx / tx once I knew I would never use them on other things.

Any cheap ir gun will work. More expensive ones have better lcd and build quality over the 15$ or so harbor freight one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Traxxas Marshal
    While I've never personally done the power up program, I think it's a good way to upgrade your vehicle. Your questions about shipping time and motor condition could be best answered by someone from Traxxas support; I recommend giving them a call.

As for temp guns, I use an inexpensive Harbor Freight temp gun that I bought many years ago.

Moving to Slash 4x4 sub-forum.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

What Traxxas system are looking to get and for how much? Sometimes it is cheaper to get a good used system instead and sell your old one.

Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein