RC poster

Happy with new RC

Back into RC after getting out five years ago. Eased back into it with my first Traxxas! I got the rusty 4x4 brushed in red. Day one I converted to brushless with a CC SW4 with 1410/3800 4 pole motor. Running 7 cell for my boy, 2s for me off-road and 3s for onroad fun. I went with a 13t pinion which gives me the best all around speed and power with all three batteries and keeps my temps in check. I added a mesh dust shield for the gravel track we run on, helps a ton on clean up but does make temps go up about 20 degrees, can’t use it with the 3s but don’t need it on road. All that being said I changed nothing else and have 30+ packs through it with no issues.... great RC! I plan on just running it and if when parts break or wear out I’ll replace with the heavy duty versions of said parts. Cheers! Oh forgot I also added the castle b-link so I can fine tune the esc with my iPhone, real handy to disable the LVC for my boy to run his nimh pack. I just set up different profiles for different battery’s and drivers and can switch on the fly.
    Last edited by Redfisher1974; 08-14-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Great to hear and welcome back! If you haven't done it already, consider changing out the ring and pinion in both differentials to the brushless specs.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks dude, if I did change the diff gears to VXL specs does that change the roll out? Hence Id probably have to drop the pinion from the 13t back down to 10-11t? Also when the Servo wears out would the 2075 be a good upgrade over the stock 2056? Keeping in mind my SW4 only puts out 5v 2a. Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfisher1974 View Post
    Thanks dude, if I did change the diff gears to VXL specs does that change the roll out? Hence Id probably have to drop the pinion from the 13t back down to 10-11t? Also when the Servo wears out would the 2075 be a good upgrade over the stock 2056? Keeping in mind my SW4 only puts out 5v 2a. Thanks mate!
    I wouldnt get a 2075.. For that price you can get something much better. With a metal gearset. 2075 is plastic unless you get the (x) or (r) version. Mine just burnt up after about 4 months of 10th monster tires. I bought the wp110t ecopower servo for 40$. It has more torque and is the same speed as the stock servo.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

It may be good to change the pinion but see what the performance and temps show after. The 2075 is a decent servo and will give you a little faster speed and torque. There are more powerful/faster ones out there - even ones that Traxxas offers. What I would recommend is to get an external BEC - such as a Castle - then get the Field Link card so that you can change the settings in both the ESC for vehicle performance and the BEC for voltage output. Five volts fixed from Castle's internal BEC is very disappointing; since you are running that your receiver is getting five volts as well as your servo.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebs0615 View Post
    I wouldnt get a 2075.. For that price you can get something much better. With a metal gearset. 2075 is plastic unless you get the (x) or (r) version. Mine just burnt up after about 4 months of 10th monster tires. I bought the wp110t ecopower servo for 40$. It has more torque and is the same speed as the stock servo.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
    Cool, I’ll take a look at that servo. Thanks

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    It may be good to change the pinion but see what the performance and temps show after. The 2075 is a decent servo and will give you a little faster speed and torque. There are more powerful/faster ones out there - even ones that Traxxas offers. What I would recommend is to get an external BEC - such as a Castle - then get the Field Link card so that you can change the settings in both the ESC for vehicle performance and the BEC for voltage output. Five volts fixed from Castle's internal BEC is very disappointing; since you are running that your receiver is getting five volts as well as your servo.
    Great advice thanks, when its time for a new servo Ill definitely get a castle BEC to up the juice a bit. I already have the castle b-link installed in my rusty so I can fine tune esc and bec with my iPhone. But sadly the sW4 is fixed at 5v/2a