RC poster

e revo 1/16 vxl velineon vxl3m esc problem

hey there
    i have a weird problem on my velineon vxl3m esc,

when im pulling the throttle trigger very slightly, motor doesnt rotate and weird beeping sound comes from it and then im continuing to increase the throttle to the full but motor still doesnt turn and weird beeping sound getting louder, while in this state if i turn the spur slightly with my finger motor starts to turn normally,

this problem doesnt occur if i pull the trigger more harder. here is the link to watch on youtube. i will be pleased if any of you guys have a solution for this. thanks.

by the way when watching open the subtitles to understand what im saying. thanks and have a nice day

If you have link module and app. Perhaps look at throttle sensitivity. Or use menu tree to make sure it is 100%. It may just be a setting?

If you put the esc in another car does it do the same thing?

Your caption comment said you put a different esc in the car and no issues.

Do you know if esc got very hot?

My thoughts are bad esc...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    If you have link module and app. Perhaps look at throttle sensitivity. Or use menu tree to make sure it is 100%. It may just be a setting?

If you put the esc in another car does it do the same thing?

Your caption comment said you put a different esc in the car and no issues.

Do you know if esc got very hot?

My thoughts are bad esc...

well i dont have link module, i will check the transmitter if its not in 100 percent, thansk for the advice,
    yes i got 2 mini e revo and i plug another motor to this esc and does the same thing, also this esc does the same thing to other motors, im 100 percent sure esc is defected, but its still works if you pull throttle trigger harder, and since its waterproof and all the electronic are covered with epoxy like resin i cannot diagnose if one of the capacitors or resistance or transistors went bad,
    and esc doesnt get too hot, actually i didnt compared to my other vxl3m but pretty sure its not melting hot, well at least for now

if anyof you know how to dissolve this resin without damaging electronics please share, as far as i know winegar dissolves epoxy resin but i dont know what kind of resin traxxas uses to make it waterproof.

RC Racer
    I had a similar issue when i lost one of the phases, but even when it was going it had a lack of power and was jittery. Though yours seems different, not so jittery.
    Not sure on the resin that's used, but I would guess it's urethane. No idea how to remove it though. Any chance this is still new enough to be under warranty? Traxxas is really good with their warranties, but not sure how to go about it in your country.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

For me the hassle and time to get to the inside of the esc to test components and find the defective part is not worth it. Easier to just buy a new esc.

The coating on esc. Is some kind of Conformal coating. How to remove it and not have the chemicals also eat other components will take research. I'm not sure if it's even possible.