Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New to me Revo

Yeah, check the cradle pieces for cracks. They tend to shatter vs bend. I keep a spare set of those on hand. You may have tweaked the engine bay area of the chassis as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    Yep. If you're a big air kind of guy you need the M2C brace. If they don't have it call him and see if they're making more.

I donít see where they still make it or at least itís not listed on their site. May reach out to them.

Either way I did the motor sorted out, I think, as I have not tested it yet. Everything has gone back together correctly and also wanted to show off the new wheels and tires I mounted up the other day. Major difference from the big joes

I really like those on my outcast. I was running 3.8" trenchers before, never ran the stock outcast tires (assuming that's what those are). They are very light and get a ton of grip in the grass. Not something I'd run at skate parks... thinking of getting a second set for my ERBEv2 now that I have 1/2" offset hubs on it. Will just have to change to the trenchers on days where I want to visit a skate park or they would likely get chewed up pretty fast.

Youíre correct theyíre factory outcast wheels. So far theyíre fantastic and cheaper than the proline option.

Now I am considering new gearing options. Running 14/38 now. Thinking about 14/40. What do yíall think?

14/40 would be lower gearing than 14/38. If it was doing ok with the big joes on 14/38, then you should be fine with 14/38 with the backflips. I have to guess they are lighter than the big joes as they are a pretty light tire/wheel combo.

Yes definitely lighter than the Big Joes. Too be honest Iím not a fan of the Big Joes but they came on the truck. Used them in the past. They preform and look good but just not my favorite.

Yes the 14/38 worked fine. Just wanted to try different gearing setups purely for enjoyment.

Did find out today the motor mount is in fact cracked and thatís why the spur gear stripped. Oh well guess Iíll buy another one. Other than the M2C what other good options are there?

I don't know. I tried finding CNC'd cradle pieces for my big block mount, but didn't find much other than integy and gpm, so not sure if there is anything much better than stock out there.

Got ya. Made a trip to the LHS to get a factory one. Talk about a big pain in the behind to replace. Had to remove the entire rear of the truck. Oh well. New one is installed and ready to roll tomorrow.

Yep, that is a bit of a pain.

Be careful when installing the upper shock mount screws/bolts. Make sure you use the ones specific to the length needed. I installed the traxxas rear brace and used screws that were a bit too long (needed to be 2-3mm longer, but mine were 4-5mm). They poked through the bulkhead and pushed on the cradle where it wraps around the bulkhead and shattered it. Man was I ticked! Had to wait a week for a new cradle to show up. Very annoying!

Itís funny you mention that because I also did the same thing. Got the longer screw started and realized it halfway through. Thankfully. With how many screws you have to remove itís very easy to get confused. Even when trying to be organized.

RC Competitor
    how did you mount the pipe when installing the rear brace?

Quote Originally Posted by lexuabest View Post
    Which brace are you referring too? Mine is a factory setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I'm refering to what @olds97_lss said

Quote Originally Posted by lexuabest View Post
    It kind of rested on the top of the brace. I made the pipe hanger to fit around the bolt for the brace for the pipe to lock onto. I run the THS pipe though. Just a piece of stiff wire I had laying around I think.

RC Racer
    Hey mrtwohands, I talked to Mitch at M2C today and he has braces back in stock. As good a $20 as you will ever spend on your Revo.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    So what does everyone use for a battery pack for the receiver?

Purchased the 3036 pack from LHS but of course there is no charger. Is there an alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use Onyx 6.0V 1600mAh 2/3A Hump NiMH Receiver Battery with a Flat Universal Plug.....
    Throw kindness around like confetti.

Took the Revo out today. First time in weeks. Landed some backflips, large gaps and a few fails

All in all it was a good time. Canít say Iím mad for just how many time I jumped it. Check out my Instagram for a short clip of some of them. poorguyedc

Broke a rear a-arm, front rocker, and dented the header. I am open to suggestions on replacement a-arms.

Stock, rpm or rpm true track?

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    If yours doesn't have it, get the motor bay brace. It helps keep the chassis from cracking/bending when landing jumps. Not sure if my eyes are tired or what, but I can't tell for sure if yours has it. I have the M2C one on my BB revo. It's thicker and strengthens it up even more. Also allows for you to make a couple new holes and lock it to the chassis better.
    https://m2cracing.net/traxxas/33-tra...tor-mount.html
    Is that brace a better version of the stock one? (all I have at the moment) https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5361

RC Racer
    Yes. Thicker, covers more, and is actually attached to the chassis.

RC poster
    The newest models have sensors wires up to motor for the blue tooth hookup err engine temps supposed speed etc look for a wire going to bottom of cylinder head for sensor for blue tooth phone readings on traxxas phone app

RC Racer
    Here’s a riddle. What rattles, keeps your engine from idling even with the wheels off the ground, but stops rattling if you grab the heat sink head? If you said a rear crank bearing you’re a winner! Little over a gallon through this 3.3 and it’s never been over temped or over leaned. Pretty disappointed. Doesn’t sound like I’m the first person to have this issue. I’m going to replace front and rear both while I’m in there. Anyone tried the Fast Eddy or Avid bearings for the 3.3?

Avid and Boca here.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Avid and Boca here.
    Same here also.

RC Racer
    Thanks fellas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234