RC Racer

Here’s someone who doesn’t like the UDR

This comes from someone selling their UDR on EBay. No need to reveal who they are
    This is simply a scathing review of the UDR from a very unhappy veteran hobbyist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Racer
    It's not for every body. As soon as I read the headline I already knew what he was going to say lol.
    I've had the Xmaxx and the UDR is my favorite, then my TRX6. But then again I love scale driving, not bashing.

RC Racer
    That's the most awesome eBay sales pitch I've ever seen! Ha ha ha. Is he trying to pay someone to take it? I drove a buddy's UDR a couple weeks ago. I thought it handled great, drifted through my gravel driveway throwing roost everywhere, and on issues on the street. He does have the rear diff installed, assuming that makes a big difference.

RC poster
    But the guy has a very valid point. It handles terribly. Ive also been in RC cars since 1986. It is the worst handling RC ive ever owned. However i understand why and i am trying bto adjust my driving style and where i run it to accommodate this. Ive owned it 4 days and selling bit it always on my mind. Butnit is fun, just a bit more finicky.

RC poster
    It is normal not to like it, and not everyone will have a common view. If you have to choose, I actually like Laborghini, haha, but I can't afford it.

RC Racer
    Like the title says....not a basher or racer.....Pro Scale....you can bash it...within reason....change some things...and its a great racer....I've had mine for 2 years....and with a little work....still love it....

RC poster
    "I HANDLES LIKE CRAPE" - lol, for some reason typos are really funny to me when someone's angry....

Quote Originally Posted by dbestfromclovis View Post
    This comes from someone selling their UDR on EBay. No need to reveal who they are
    This is simply a scathing review of the UDR from a very unhappy veteran hobbyist

You definitely will want to know what you are doing going into something like that, a UDR is more for scale realism (like the Trx-4) than performance. But that is not to say tat it isn't good at performing what it is made for, which in the UDR's case is scale short course driving.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Competitor
    I agree.

You don’t buy a 700 dollar Baja truck that is marketed as a super realistic truck. Although I do agree a little bit about the durability and handling but you just have to figure out how to drive and then you will have the most fun you can have.

RC Qualifier
    I have a small 1/10 track. It’s tight.
    We race Slash, Rustler, Stampede and similar models from other manufacturers.
    One of the guys brings his UDR as well. He upgraded it a bit but more importantly, tuned it to race us.
    It is a flipping’ riot racing against this rig. It weighs a ton and we just bounce off it like nothing.
    He uses it for the GoPro and some cool on track video of us racing around him.
    After a while the cam comes off and we get serious. Do you think he can keep up to the 1/10’s?
    He does alright because he’s good driver. A good driver to me is someone who can get the most out a rig within its design specifications. He’s hard to beat with his Slash and at least hard to pass in the UDR. Sounds like ebay guy is just not a good driver.
    I see the same thing on the Other Traxxas forums. “Blah, blah, blah, this thing won’t turn...
    Weird! Mine seems to turn just fine...
    I love the design UDR and it’s on my wish list for next year.
    Will it out perform my other rigs? No. But I don’t think it’s supposed to.
    It is what it is, learn to drive it.
    Last edited by fortunespoonz; 12-18-2020 at 11:40 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    I have a small 1/10 track. It’s tight.
    We race Slash, Rustler, Stampede and similar models from other manufacturers.
    One of the guys brings his UDR as well. He upgraded it a bit but more importantly, tuned it to race us.
    It is a flipping’ riot racing against this rig. It weighs a ton and we just bounce off it like nothing.
    He uses it for the GoPro and some cool on track video of us racing around him.
    After a while the cam comes off and we get serious. Do you think he can keep up to the 1/10’s?
    He does alright because he’s good driver. A good driver to me is someone who can get the most out a rig within its design specifications. He’s hard to beat with his Slash and at least hard to pass in the UDR. Sounds like ebay guy is just not a good driver.
    I see the same thing on the Other Traxxas forums. “Blah, blah, blah, this thing won’t turn...
    Weird! Mine seems to turn just fine...
    I love the design UDR and it’s on my wish list for next year.
    Will it out perform my other rigs? No. But I don’t think it’s supposed to.
    It is what it is, learn to drive it.
    I can drive my UDR without TSM successfully. But not on sport mode. TSM can’t correct the ridiculous physics that sport mode creates. It’ll tumble either way

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dbestfromclovis View Post
    I can drive my UDR without TSM successfully. But not on sport mode. TSM can’t correct the ridiculous physics that sport mode creates. It’ll tumble either way

I drive on 6s sport mode and the Tsm will barely keep it straight. It might work better to get a stronger servo to keep up with the steering because my servo is starting to lose power and the Tsm doesn’t work as well.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNixon74 View Post
    "I HANDLES LIKE CRAPE" - lol, for some reason typos are really funny to me when someone's angry....
    Same lol

Here is my ten characters