RC poster

The Quest for Increased Durability

Hey all. New to the forums, and just got into the Nitro car scene. Got a nitro Rustler (44096-3) from a neighbor for $40, and runs great(after replacing the glow plugs and air filter). It could use a good general cleaning, but overall it was a steal.

I unfortunately broke a castor block (2632r) during a run. Very common from what I've read. So, to make it less common for me, I was searching for aluminum castor blocks to fit my model. But found nothing but a big dark void where the parts should be, lol. I found aluminum castor blocks for part 3632, but that won't work with my particular model Rustler (at least to my knowledge). I searched high and low, and have found a severe lack of aluminum parts ALL AROUND for the Rustler 44096-3.
    Does anyone know where one could find an ever elusive trove of aluminum 44096-3 parts??
    Thanks in advance, folks.

RC Competitor
    I will have to chech. I just bought a rear set of blocks, from Traxxas
    Slayer Pro, Slash VXL 4x4, Jato 3.3, Rustler 2.5

RC Competitor
    Sorry, I bought the Aluminum rears
    Last edited by Slush; 08-11-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    Slayer Pro, Slash VXL 4x4, Jato 3.3, Rustler 2.5

RC poster
    Well, I suppose from the lack of answers (aside from Slush. Thanx), I suppose there aren't any to be found anywhere? Not magical site I may have missed? Very sad indeed. But if anyone knows something, please share.

The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    One thing I have noticed since getting my nitro rustler this year is that it is the red headed step-child of Traxxas. I can only guess so due to the decline of stadium truck popularity.

Many parts you expect to be out there (sealed differential anyone?) are not made by anyone. Some companies do seem to have more parts (hot racing, integy, and RPM) than others but the options are only a fraction of what you find in a more popular type like the Slash 4x4.

All of that said, I still love my nitro rusty, although I wish I could do more with it.

As for your question Integy has all of the aluminum parts you can think of... if they are in stock. Most come in stock and then sell out fast though. I think their production has lowered since COVID-19.