Hoss 4x4 front bumper on Stampede 4x4

Will a Hoss 4x4 front bumper fit correctly on a Stampede 4x4? It sure looks like it will, and I like the new look.

RC Competitor
    It looks like it will. If it’s the same skid plate and diff housing (which I don’t see why it would be changed) it will

I was not able to find it at any hobby shop and no place online seemed to have it in-stock. Thankfully Traxxas has it available for direct purchase:

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/9035

It sticks out a bit farther than the stock bumper. I like how it matches very well with the RPM bottom bumper.

Some comparison shots:

Old:

New:

Old:

New:

Old:

New:

The bumper is now officially battle-tested.

I was using my Stampede 4x4 in a grass lot with a sidewalk on the side of it. The transition from the grass to the inside edge of the sidewalk was mostly flat, so you could go from the grass to the sidewalk without issue. The problem was that there was one spot of grass next to the sidewalk where there was a dip in the dirt, hidden because the grass in the dip was taller and matched the other grass. So I was 100% throttle on 4s, cruising across the grass, thinking that I was going to drive onto the sidewalk but instead hit the flat inside edge of the concrete sidewalk head-on.

It hit with so much force that the large heatsink on my motor slid forward an entire inch and the rear of the battery strap popped out, but other than that the only damage is a few new scratches on the bumper. The way the Hoss bumper and the RPM bumper line-up so perfectly gives it an amazing ability to absorb impacts. Money well spent IMO.

RC Qualifier
    Interesting. Thank you for the comparison shots before and after. The rpm bumper not linking up with the stampede bumper always bother me and not running the stock p4de bumper makes the front too flesh on just the rpm bumper

The hoss bumper does seem like the ideal solution for p4de owners running the rpm bumper.

RC Qualifier
    I followed suit and this is what came about. Thanks again for the idea