RC poster

LIPO charging help

Hi, I have a 3s 5000maH Lipo battery and ez peak charger. I fully charged the battery on balance charge like I always do. I did a test drive with my slash after some new parts. Brought it back In to adjust and Iím guessing the battery was probably around 80% so I put it back on balance charge to keep it charged for my next test drive. The battery was not fully charged again but 10 mins later I ran the car again with the battery. Now I noticed the battery is puffy just a tiny bit.. Did I do something wrong? Also does the balance charge charge all 3 cells simultaneously until full charge or each cell individually until full charge?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherrcguy View Post
    Hi, I have a 3s 5000maH Lipo battery and ez peak charger. I fully charged the battery on balance charge like I always do. I did a test drive with my slash after some new parts. Brought it back In to adjust and I’m guessing the battery was probably around 80% so I put it back on balance charge to keep it charged for my next test drive. The battery was not fully charged again but 10 mins later I ran the car again with the battery. Now I noticed the battery is puffy just a tiny bit.. Did I do something wrong? Also does the balance charge charge all 3 cells simultaneously until full charge or each cell individually until full charge?
    Tha balance charge charge each cell to the max, and then balance for equal voltage per cell. But it better to storage the batteries in aprox 50% when you finalize the runs.

RC Champion
    Try to discharge the batteries to the end and then charge it to the max.

RC Racer
    If you store the lipo at 3.85 volts per cell, it lowers the chance of the lipo puffing. It is not recommended to use a lipo after it is puffed.