RC Qualifier

1/16 e revo vxl tire humm?

So as the title says, it sounds like my stock tires may be making a humming sound similar to a full size truck with aggressive tread on the tires. This is on smooth pavement, at fairly high speed. I cant tell exactly where this noise is coming from, but it sounds like tire hum. This was my first run with this model, so I don't know if the noise is normal. Can anyone offer some input? Thanks.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

I remember experiencing more sound than expected when I drove my cars on smooth pavement in the beginning. You'll get used to it.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    I remember experiencing more sound than expected when I drove my cars on smooth pavement in the beginning. You'll get used to it.

I drive 3 of my Stampedes on pavement with 3 different tire combinations, and don't get this sound. This is a very defined hum, or vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-wheelin View Post
    I drive 3 of my Stampedes on pavement with 3 different tire combinations, and don't get this sound. This is a very defined hum, or vibration.
    Sounds like a drivetrain vibration. I never noticed a tire hum when I was using the stock Talons, or Trenchers.

Does your rig make the same noise when flipped over/in the air? Just making sure it is tire hum or not. If not tire hum, check to see if anything is loose/vibrating/unbalanced/wobbling while in the air≥

Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by 4-wheelin View Post
    So as the title says, it sounds like my stock tires may be making a humming sound similar to a full size truck with aggressive tread on the tires. This is on smooth pavement, at fairly high speed. I cant tell exactly where this noise is coming from, but it sounds like tire hum. This was my first run with this model, so I don't know if the noise is normal. Can anyone offer some input? Thanks.
    Do you mean the over-sized off-road mud tire hum or the snow tires out of season type of tire hum?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Do you mean the over-sized off-road mud tire hum or the snow tires out of season type of tire hum?
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I actually forgot about this post, because for some reason, I don't get notified of replies. Anyway, yes, it's like big knobby mud tires on dry pavement type of humm.