Traxxas suing Maclan

Has this topic been discussed yet? Or is it even allowed? Lol

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like their Mmax esc is the basis for the lawsuit. Too closely named to the different Maxx products of Traxxas.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I have a good friend named Max. Known him for 30 some years. He's scared that he'll be getting sued by Traxxas next. He's just your average working man. Wife, kids, mortgage. All the normal stuff. I'm afraid he won't have the financial ability to defend himself in court either.

A simple online search will reveal what the case is about. Traxxas has the right to protect their intellectual property and to which they have the ability to apply for a patent, trademark, copyright, etc. They can then sue if they feel there has been infringement upon. Traxxas is a for-profit company and is no different than other like companies who can take the steps protect what they make.

It appears that Traxxas has submitted their complaint in June and Maclan has twice submitted an Unopposed Application for Extension of Time to Answer Complaint which has twice been granted.

Let the courts decide what happens rather than "internet-certified" keyboard attorneys.

Not entirely sure, but have an idea, why you would return to post this after near-three year posting hiatus?
    The Super Derecho

Traxxas suing Maclan

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    I have a good friend named Max. Known him for 30 some years. He's scared that he'll be getting sued by Traxxas next. He's just your average working man. Wife, kids, mortgage. All the normal stuff. I'm afraid he won't have the financial ability to defend himself in court either.
    It will be a sad day when Traxxas or any other individual is not permitted to defend their own property in the US.

Discussion is great. What you are doing here is not discussion.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Judging from your post about your friend, I am sure you did not understand what they just said. This thread is closed.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn