Thread: E-Revo Fire

RC poster

E-Revo Fire

Hereís my E-Revo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have got to hear the story behind this! Pics of aftermath?

That sucks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Oh No it hurts just seeing this.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I am outta words of what to say! I cant imagine how i would feel.

RC poster
    It caught fire with no warning. It had a replacement ESC and new Traxxas batteries. Traxxas is refusing to do anything about it unless I send them the remains!!!! BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TBLSTRD View Post
    It caught fire with no warning. It had a replacement ESC and new Traxxas batteries. Traxxas is refusing to do anything about it unless I send them the remains!!!! BS

May as well send it... what else are you going to do with it? Mold it into an ashtray?

On the plus side, it will fit into a much smaller box now.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    May as well send it... what else are you going to do with it? Mold it into an ashtray?

On the plus side, it will fit into a much smaller box now.

Yep, really small box now. Much cheaper to ship!
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Send them the remains then. Get a few ziplock bags and a shovel. Totally sucks. At least shipping weight will be low....

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Send them the remains then. Get a few ziplock bags and a shovel. Totally sucks. At least shipping weight will be low....

Fire department did not allow it...considered hazardous. Traxxas will not take responsibility for fear of repercussions. When they replaced the original ESC they said it was a courtesy replacement despite the fact there are so many known issues with them.

This is getting ridiculous! I know there are hundreds out there with no problems with ESCs but come on. How many have we seen fail just on our forum. Granted more will post with issues then not...but I went through multiple ESCs and a motor on one truck, my brother went through an ESC and motor on his truck and that was from what seemed like the first bad batch. Then we had what seemed to be a reprieve from issues. Then a whole another bad batch came out as we all now see. The recent bad batch has not been getting full power to trucks making them all seem like they are in training mode. Traxxas kept trying to tell me that we saw issues with our ESCs as we used non-Traxxas batteries, we use SMC packs. So I switched to my buddies Traxxas packs same issue. The OP here is using ALL Traxxas and not only had a failure but a full total loss! This is no question beyond a total loss. So the OP is now out say $700ish dollars! This is ridiculous and Traxxas needs to make this right. They have made right by us by replacing issues in our trucks, to the means of having to send entire rigs in to get serviced and validated. But the OP needs made whole. Traxxas get rid of these bad ESCs! Or start offering the E Revo as a roller platform for much less! I am hoping that the reason the E Revo 2.0 has been out of stock everywhere is due to Traxxas changing the electronics on this rig. We dont even want to open the can of worms on the servos on this rig...lol!

wow!!

I ve had this in the past, using a different esc from china dont remember what, it took fire but i went there and put it off very quickly to save my revo.

Traxxas should give you a new one, at the very least. This is dangerous, they should be giving more than a revo back to you, perhaps if i didnt get a refund i d go to a lawyer.

RC poster
    I am definitely not the type of person to want to take advantage. I even waited for Traxxas response and provided video before I posted anything on social media. I actually wished this never happened cuz I miss it.... it was bad *** after they replaced the original ESC.

I think that I would have put more effort into putting out the fire than trying to grab my phone to take pictures and video, and then watching it disintegrate into a pile of ash. In the first pic, the tires still look totally salvageable - and I'm sure the fire was smaller when it first began. Even if the tires were the only thing you could save, that's still like $100+ in tires right there.

I don't think that Traxxas's request is out of line. What's the big deal about sending the remains back?

Fire department did not allow it...considered hazardous.
    "Did not allow" what exactly? It's not as if the fire department scans outgoing packages. So, I assume that when you say that they "did not allow", you are talking about the result of a discussion with the fire department that you voluntarily initiated. That likely resulted in a CYA response from them, since they have no incentive to tell you that it's "okay", but plenty of desire not to be held responsible for anything you do. They were likely already going to tell you that it wasn't okay the moment they heard you say the word "lithium" or "battery", without even considering what you were actually sending.

Sad fact is that there are many people out there with very low ethical standards, particularly when the victim is a company. Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but if Traxxas gave out a new car to anyone who's experienced a fire, without any requirement to analyze it themselves, you would have a lot of people out there setting their broken beaters on fire just to cash in on a free new car.

Almost looks like there are 4 lipos there in that mess.

Iím just gunna say that if any of my rcs catch fire Iím going to do everything I can to put out the fire, which doesnít include taking pics or videos of it just burning. You probably could have smothered out the flames with a tshirt. But I wasnít there so

RC Racer
    Some of y'all need to educate yourself on LiPo batteries if you're going to continue to run them. LiPo fires are pretty spectacular. Unless you're carrying a Class ABC or BC dry chemical fire extinguisher (not common), a bucket of sand, etc. with you, you're not putting the fire out. Before you try to put out a fire that can burn at 1,000+ Fahrenheit with a t-shirt, you might want to look up the nearest burn center. I'm assuming the FD "wouldn't allow" because they considered it a HazMat response and cleaned up and decontaminated the area, which likely means they took the "hazardous materials" (Revo remains, fire suppression chemicals, rinse water, etc.) with them for proper disposal. All of the preceding just educated guesses from 30+ years as an environmental consultant. OP can fill us in.

Since it was a replacement ESC, did you check the voltage cutoff before you ran it? Assuming packs weren't swollen or cracked before you ran. I'm sure Traxxas wants to remains to diagnose, but I don't know what they could do with that mess. Sorry for your loss.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Almost looks like there are 4 lipos there in that mess.

Iím just gunna say that if any of my rcs catch fire Iím going to do everything I can to put out the fire, which doesnít include taking pics or videos of it just burning. You probably could have smothered out the flames with a tshirt. But I wasnít there so

Hahaha.....yeah right! That **** was burning for ever! Thatís why I pay my taxes my man!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    wow!!

I ve had this in the past, using a different esc from china dont remember what, it took fire but i went there and put it off very quickly to save my revo.

Traxxas should give you a new one, at the very least. This is dangerous, they should be giving more than a revo back to you, perhaps if i didnt get a refund i d go to a lawyer.
    I was about 50 yards away. I tried bringing it back and no response. I then went to my car to grab my phone before I walked towards the E-Revo. As I was walking I all of a sudden noticed lots of smoke. As I got there it immediately went up in flames. I didnít want to get near it thinking it would blow up. Mind you, this is all during my break! I posted a video on FB where you can here me tell FD I have to call my nurse manager to let her know I would be late coming back.

Traxxas handles warranty and service issues based on physical examination of items sent in for review. While we sympathize with the frustration experienced by the customer, unfortunately without items coming in for examination we are unable to simply replace an entire vehicle.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn