RC Enthusiast

New to this section of the forum

After buying way too many Traxxas trucks , I love each one of them . I have ordered a xmaxx ,,,, with a few add-ons . I run trenchers on all my other trucks , so I ordered the 4.3 trenchers for this truck along with a 12 tooth and a 15 tooth pinion gear . Looking for input on which pinion gear you guys recommend to start with considering my tire choice .
    Thanks in advance .

RC Champion
    20/46 will work without hitting tsd
    Should be able to backflip no problem
    fabricator

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaw32 View Post
    After buying way too many Traxxas trucks , I love each one of them . I have ordered a xmaxx ,,,, with a few add-ons . I run trenchers on all my other trucks , so I ordered the 4.3 trenchers for this truck along with a 12 tooth and a 15 tooth pinion gear . Looking for input on which pinion gear you guys recommend to start with considering my tire choice .
    Thanks in advance .
    Welcome to the X-Maxx world, maybe the 15T (the stock one is 18T) pinion is a good choice if you want torque and force, but, if you want speed, the 20/46 CrazyMAXX says is the way.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    My gearing was 50/20 with stock tires. It was perfect on 95° days. The motor would top out at 150° after a full battery pack on those hot days.

The proline tires are a good bit heavier than stock. If you run in hot weather, definitely keep an eye on your motor temps at first. You can gear up for more speed if your temps are under 165°

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    I have the Traxxas link for my maxx and am planning on using it for my xmaxx as well . When using it it shows a temperature gauge . Is that showing the temp of the motor or the temp of the esc ?

RC Competitor
    With the Traxxas link, you can choose the temp you want to see. Default is motor temp but have a look through the different options and have a play around. If you’re a stat-monkey like me, there’s so mush you can get from the link and additional sensors if you did want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks , good to know . When temp gets close to 150 , I shut down for a short time . Does anyone have any experience with dusty motor covers ?

Personally no. But others have reported cleaner chassis at the expense of higher electronics temperatures.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Thanks , good to know . When temp gets close to 150 , I shut down for a short time . Does anyone have any experience with dusty motor covers ?
    I have the Dusty Motors cover and haven't any problems, but i have two computer fans to refresh my stuff.

I take my temps to 170 motor 160 esc. 150 for motor is pretty low I feel. But each to their own.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk