Regluing Tires Advice

Hows everybody doing ?
    Last time I glued my tires the stock talon ext it came out a complete mess. Excess glue on the sidewalls, and the bead is being separated again, but alot of this came from me being lazy about it. I figured its glue it will hold, yes it did but not for long.

So this time I am trying to do it the right way so it can last. I was reading up on thin ca glue how it Penetrates, so no need to put alot.
    How would this hold up on the 6s power that is coming out of this monster? Also read something how ballooning will cause the tires to become unglued?

As of now my tires are sitting in a closed bucket and the acetone fumes are doing their thing. I think that will be the best method as they are messy.

I'm gonna follow a method I seen on YouTube please let me know if that will work pretty decent
    https://youtu.be/6pTghcWoNUo

Also the tire the rubber has tears will this affect the regluing?

I have more questions but can't recall them at the moment.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Scrape off or sand off any old tire glue from the tire bead and wheels. Scuff the inside bead of the rim where the tire attaches. Rough sandpaper, small file, whatever. Clean the tire bead and the rim bead with alcohol. Get the tire and foam fit to the rim. Then lift a small portion of the tire and put a drop of thin CA on the tire bead. Put tire bead back in place and just kind of work the tire bead PAST where you glued it. This will let the thin CA run down the bead, so the one drop of CA will glue a couple inches of tire. Glue will set quickly. Once it does, go to the next spot where there’s no glue and repeat. I can do a set of truggy tires with just maybe 4 or 5 drops of thin CA. Takes a little practice, but you’ll get it. Tears in the rubber might affect it, depends on where the tears are.

Most of these pre-mounted tires are way out of balance and I have a feeling some of the tire tearing is related to that. Just balanced my Revo tires yesterday and it made a huge difference. Might think about doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtamu-redux View Post
    Scrape off or sand off any old tire glue from the tire bead and wheels. Scuff the inside bead of the rim where the tire attaches. Rough sandpaper, small file, whatever. Clean the tire bead and the rim bead with alcohol. Get the tire and foam fit to the rim. Then lift a small portion of the tire and put a drop of thin CA on the tire bead. Put tire bead back in place and just kind of work the tire bead PAST where you glued it. This will let the thin CA run down the bead, so the one drop of CA will glue a couple inches of tire. Glue will set quickly. Once it does, go to the next spot where there’s no glue and repeat. I can do a set of truggy tires with just maybe 4 or 5 drops of thin CA. Takes a little practice, but you’ll get it. Tears in the rubber might affect it, depends on where the tears are.

Most of these pre-mounted tires are way out of balance and I have a feeling some of the tire tearing is related to that. Just balanced my Revo tires yesterday and it made a huge difference. Might think about doing that.
    Thanks will post a pic of the tire tears when I take the wheels out to see if I could work with it. Instructions sound easy enough last time. I was putting every 2 inches around the bead with in turn caused a big excess everywhere. Also that video I linked seems like glue was mostly going on top of the bead he didn't really lift the bead.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    It does go top of the tire bead. You’re not unseating the bead. You just need to pull it slightly away from the rim bead to get a drop of glue on the top. As you pull a little more away the glue will run down the face of the bead. Then let the tire go back into place and quickly be sure it’s seated. They used to make tire gluing machines, not sure if they still do.

OK makes sense pull slightly away to get the glue in there after its in there pull a little more to get the glue to go around?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Yep. Just let it run down the front of the tire bead far as it will go then seat the tire on the rim bead. This CA usually sticks the tire to the rim in just a few seconds. Wherever it isn't stuck is your next starting point.