Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 75
  1. #1
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075

    Traxxas Link update

    There is a thread in the X-maxx forum started with the same issue. I thought I would post a thread here as I updated my Mini Erevo today and the Traxxas Link doesn't work, causes an unsafe condition. The channel adjustments were always live, so you could see what your changes where doing. After this update to my mini Erevo I can no longer adjust the channels. The sliders work but nothing happens. I touched the trigger on my controller and the truck went into uncontrollable fast forward direction. Tried hitting the brakes (trigger backwards) but still nothing. The steering didn't work either. I'm glad it was on a stand. The only way I could stop it was by unplugging the battery.

    My truck is now bricked as even with the app off, the truck is unresponsive.


    Android phone

    App version 8.1.0.11444 Build date Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited by grizzly03; 08-29-2020 at 03:40 PM. Reason: version

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    There is a thread in the X-maxx forum started with the same issue. I thought I would post a thread here as I updated my Mini Erevo today and the Traxxas Link doesn't work, causes an unsafe condition. The channel adjustments were always live, so you could see what your changes where doing. After this update to my mini Erevo I can no longer adjust the channels. The sliders work but nothing happens. I touched the trigger on my controller and the truck went into uncontrollable fast forward direction. Tried hitting the brakes (trigger backwards) but still nothing. The steering didn't work either. I'm glad it was on a stand. The only way I could stop it was by unplugging the battery.

    My truck is now bricked as even with the app off, the truck is unresponsive.


    Android phone

    App version 8.1.0.11444 Build date Jul 10, 2020

    I don't know if you remember a statement I made a while ago in a thread of mine where I was concerned that someday there would be an update that turns all our Traxxas vehicles into paperweights. Seems as though that statement is coming to fruition which is unfortunately sad to admit.

    I could tell with each version of the App that they were putting a band-aid fix on serious issues that needed addressed from the ground up in the programming department.

    I'm confident (sarcastically of course) that they will rollout another fix to what appears to be corrupted code in their latest App version.

    Also, isn't there a way to do a hard reset on Traxxas ESC's - I can't recall any now that I think about it. You can hard reset the Tx but I don't think a ESC can be hard reset unless it is re-flashed like they did with the Bluetooth Modules a while back.

    You know something that caught my eye as well; you have a build date of July 10, 2020 for version 8.1.0.11444 whereas my build date for version 8.1.0.11438 is July 29, 2020.

    Now how can your app version that is newer have a older build date than my older version?

    What that is essentially saying, is that on July 10th they had the newer version of the app before I even had the older version that is currently stable and believe me, I check for updates often.

    I would be interested in what your build date for the App was when you had version 8.1.0.11438.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 08-29-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Re-calculating.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  3. #3
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    I would be interested in what your build date for the App was when you had version 8.1.0.11438.
    On my old phone which I don't update and is in airplane mode with bluetooth on,
    it has an app version of 7.0.0.10334 build date of July 10,2019. (also an android)

    TQI transmitter,TSM receiver,TSM receiver subsystem are the only ones changed between the two versions.
    They did also change VXL-6s,VXL-8s, and added VXL-4s.

  4. #4
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Here is what happened to my merv. This is with the app off. Also at the end I show that the Tx/Rx are bound.



    Sorry for the quality, this is the second time I ever made a video and it really is hard trying to do things one handed.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Here is what happened to my merv. This is with the app off. Also at the end I show that the Tx/Rx are bound.

    Sorry for the quality, this is the second time I ever made a video and it really is hard trying to do things one handed.


    Regardless of the quality, I've seen all I need to see in your video. Is there anything you have done to try and get it to respond again? I mean this is serious if it is bricking vehicles to the point that even when the App is shut down you cannot regain functional control again.

    This is bad grizzly and sorry you had to be one of our members that got the raw end of the stick. On the other side of the situation, I thank you very much for sharing the video; although I could imagine you are fuming pretty good right now about it.

    Please let us know if you figure out a way to restore functionality again.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63
    Can confirm this also happened to my X-Maxx 8s and E-Revo 2.0. All Traxxas electronics with latest updates.

    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Here is what happened to my merv. This is with the app off. Also at the end I show that the Tx/Rx are bound.



    Sorry for the quality, this is the second time I ever made a video and it really is hard trying to do things one handed.
    Did you restart the app or just close it? In my case it had to be restarted with the truck still going, otherwise it was dead.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,181
    Hi everyone, I write to Traxxas Support by email to tell they this problem with the App, send they this thread and the other open by cgrant26 in the X-Maxx forum.

  8. #8
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    Regardless of the quality, I've seen all I need to see in your video. Is there anything you have done to try and get it to respond again? I mean this is serious if it is bricking vehicles to the point that even when the App is shut down you cannot regain functional control again.

    This is bad grizzly and sorry you had to be one of our members that got the raw end of the stick. On the other side of the situation, I thank you very much for sharing the video; although I could imagine you are fuming pretty good right now about it.

    Please let us know if you figure out a way to restore functionality again.
    I'm going to try resetting the app, and controller today.

    Luckly I have other vehicles I can use in the meantime (till this gets resolved). Not upset too bad yet. As you know most times I'd be the first one to say "user error" and no need to jump the gun and blame Traxxas.

    I know the app worked two weeks ago. Had a picnic and used both my merv and mini summit vxl. I used my tablet on one and phone on the other. Needed to use the Training mode feature. (The little ones had a lot of fun with them). Fast forward to yesterday and the update that came up was to the Receiver. No other update was done.

    I'd hate for someone with only one vehicle have it lock up and not be able to use it. For right now I would advise not to update yet.

  9. #9
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBall View Post
    Can confirm this also happened to my X-Maxx 8s and E-Revo 2.0. All Traxxas electronics with latest updates.

    Did you restart the app or just close it? In my case it had to be restarted with the truck still going, otherwise it was dead.
    I unplugged the battery. Shut everything down and restarted app,turn on controller,turn on truck. When I'm doing any adjustments it's either with wheels off the ground or outside in my yard where if the vehicle took off it's only going to hit a tree.

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Here is what happened to my merv. This is with the app off. Also at the end I show that the Tx/Rx are bound.



    Sorry for the quality, this is the second time I ever made a video and it really is hard trying to do things one handed.
    The video quality is good, I have the same problem with the videos, one hand is not enough in most of the cases, for this i did buy the phone mount. Hope to this App issue solves soon.

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I unplugged the battery. Shut everything down and restarted app,turn on controller,turn on truck. When I'm doing any adjustments it's either with wheels off the ground or outside in my yard where if the vehicle took off it's only going to hit a tree.
    Ok, but what if you try to turn on controller and truck first, and then restart the app?

  12. #12
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    LoL! Truck became responsive to the controller, but Fwd is reverse and left is right. As soon as I open the Channel Setup/Throttle to reverse it. Truck took off uncontrollable. Had to unplug again.

    I'll try to get a video, bear with me I don't move as fast as I use to.

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63
    So I found that when it becomes non-responsive, restoring default values will fix it. If I go into the throttle channel and make it run away, restoring to default will make it stop. Same with steering. If I go into both steering and throttle channel, I have to restore default values in both channels to make it work again.

  14. #14
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    It is something with the Traxxas Link app. In the video you can see the only way to stop the runaway is by turning the Throttle down to zero and hitting the trigger on the Transmitter. Turn the Throttle channel back to 100% and it takes off again. Also it only does it in one direction, not both.


  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain.
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    It is something with the Traxxas Link app. In the video you can see the only way to stop the runaway is by turning the Throttle down to zero and hitting the trigger on the Transmitter. Turn the Throttle channel back to 100% and it takes off again. Also it only does it in one direction, not both.

    It is definitely an application problem.

  16. #16
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Something is definitely corrupt or bad with the update. Unable to calibrate the ESC also. The LED blinks when ready, but nothing happens when calibrating. The LED stays off.



    And this is without the Link app being involved.

  17. #17
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    20
    Having the same issue, already contacted Traxxas about it, hopefully they now have more info on this issue. Was sent a new receiver but the issue still remains active. When you loose connection, turn off the app, transmitter and unit. Turn both on and then fire up your app, it'll somehow reconnect the model. Once you go back into servo endpoints though, you'll loose it. Here's my vid of it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIPzMK99Eoc

  18. #18
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by OGNitro4TEC View Post
    Having the same issue, already contacted Traxxas about it, hopefully they now have more info on this issue. Was sent a new receiver but the issue still remains active. When you loose connection, turn off the app, transmitter and unit. Turn both on and then fire up your app, it'll somehow reconnect the model. Once you go back into servo endpoints though, you'll loose it. Here's my vid of it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIPzMK99Eoc
    Your video skills are much better than mine, LoL.

    All kidding aside, nice video. Hopefully we get answers tomorrow when Traxxas is open. The full throttle/not being able to stop it is a dangerous situation/issue.

  19. #19
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    So far Traxxas customer service told me to try this. Master reset of endpoints. It didn't work for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/Master end point reset

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    20
    Yeah I've tried that as well, didn't work. I've removed the app, cleared all cache. Reset the transmitter, reprogrammed the esc and issue still stands. I did get a new receiver sent out but that didn't do it either.

  21. #21
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    It's definitely something with the Receiver. Even after a reset the Transmitter still controls my Erevo 2.0. It was something with the Receiver update!

    After talking with a representative they said RMA and if needed to replace cost $20
    Last edited by grizzly03; 08-31-2020 at 02:51 PM.

  22. #22
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    I just turned on my Jato. Turned on the Traxxas Link app. Here is the update that it wants to do.




    It's something with version 8.1.13 TSM Receiver
    Last edited by grizzly03; 08-31-2020 at 03:07 PM.

  23. #23
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    20
    Thanks for posting that screenshot, I'll check mine. $20 isn't so bad I just don't want to fear firmware updates. Granted had I never purchased the bluetooth module and downloaded the app, this wouldn't be an issue. You would just be running the firmware that your model shipped with.

  24. #24
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    I mainly only use the app for adjustments. It's much easier than the buttons. The tough part is you are not able to do adjustments until you do the updates.

  25. #25
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075

    Update: kind of

    I found a work-around for now. This worked for me. With everything on and the truck still unresponsive I went into the one of the channels (channel setup). If I hit the reset in the top right, everything works and you can the adjustments to that channel. If you get out of that window and try to go into another channel window you need to hit reset again for that channel. I'm able to use the truck as long as I don't go back into channel setup.

  26. #26
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    20
    You're able to do live adjustments after hitting the reset? You just can't go back in though because it'll disrupt the connection again? I'm able to make adjustments (not live), it'll save. However I have to go through the process shown in the video to get everything working again. If I don't go into the app, specifically channel adjustments I won't have an issue. My model is recently purchased so I just want it to work properly, pre firmware update than going thru the loop hole at the moment. Well to be honest we should all have the same expectations whether it be recently bought or you've had it for a while.

  27. #27
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by OGNitro4TEC View Post
    1 You're able to do live adjustments after hitting the reset? 2 You just can't go back in though because it'll disrupt the connection again? I'm able to make adjustments (not live), it'll save. However I have to go through the process shown in the video to get everything working again. If I don't go into the app, specifically channel adjustments I won't have an issue. My model is recently purchased so I just want it to work properly, pre firmware update than going thru the loop hole at the moment. Well to be honest we should all have the same expectations whether it be recently bought or you've had it for a while.
    1 Yes. I'm able too.

    2 Correct. If I reset, then do the adjustments live, then get out it works. As soon as I go back in any of the channel setups I need to start with reset again.

    It's definitely something with the Traxxas Link app. If you were sent a new Receiver and it acts the same it would have to be the thing in common. That makes more sense than two different issues acting the same.

  28. #28
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    1 Yes. I'm able too.

    2 Correct. If I reset, then do the adjustments live, then get out it works. As soon as I go back in any of the channel setups I need to start with reset again.

    It's definitely something with the Traxxas Link app. If you were sent a new Receiver and it acts the same it would have to be the thing in common. That makes more sense than two different issues acting the same.
    I agree about the app functionality. Still doing the RMA?

  29. #29
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    I don't blame you. Being new I would too. Follow the steps.

  30. #30
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I don't blame you. Being new I would too. Follow the steps.
    I would definitely still have to do the RMA. I was curious if you'd still be doing it, or are you ok with the work around?

  31. #31
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    I'm going to test my truck out tomorrow. Wasn't able to today. If it works with no issues, I won't RMA. Since I'm not under warranty I'm not going to pay for another receiver on a chance. Especially if the issue is with the app, channel setup only.

    Maybe if others said they have no problem, then I'd RMA.

  32. #32
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I'm going to test my truck out tomorrow. Wasn't able to today. If it works with no issues, I won't RMA. Since I'm not under warranty I'm not going to pay for another receiver on a chance. Especially if the issue is with the app, channel setup only.

    Maybe if others said they have no problem, then I'd RMA.
    Not bad. I'll update the post once I get my electronics back. Thanks for the feedback.

  33. #33
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    Please do. I'm going to be curious either way. Hope that it does fix it for you.

  34. #34
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I just turned on my Jato. Turned on the Traxxas Link app. Here is the update that it wants to do.




    It's something with version 8.1.13 TSM Receiver
    WOW been away for awhile and I can't say I've missed these updates. My build date is the same as yours on July.10.2020 app version 8.1.0.11444. My TSM Receiver is showing 7.2.5 and we ran 3 sets of packs through the Xmaxx last week but never connected the phone app, lucky us.

    Sad this kind of thing is still happening. It would be nice if we were allowed to go back to a previous version to keep running until the bugs were worked out. I'm not very computer smart but would it be that hard to have a system like Castles that we could plug our ESC's into and load a previous version?

    I hope you guy's get this sorted out soon and get to run before the snow fly's.

  35. #35
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I mainly only use the app for adjustments. It's much easier than the buttons. The tough part is you are not able to do adjustments until you do the updates.
    I especially despise the part about not being able to use the App when an update is available. I went to use the App knowing full well one time that serious issues were evident and the screen pops up that updates are available but couldn't navigate away from it to continue using the App with the stable version.

    I'll tell you one thing about the manual menu tree that has an advantage over this whole "You're screwed if you use the Traxxas Link App" scenario is that the old school way can't be interrupted by a "pop-up" screen that disables linking vehicles.

    However, once a receiver is updated by the Bluetooth Module/Traxxas Link App, there is no going back on firmware in the receiver. At least with the Tx, you can flush the programming and remove the Bluetooth Module and reset to "Factory Defaults".

    I often wonder if the Tx is fully flushed though on a reset to defaults; but it really doesn't matter when the Rx is the culprit of the problems.

    I still am somewhat frustrated that the manual menu tree cannot unlock the 120% throttle control unless using the Traxxas Link App. It is as though the Traxxas Link App with the Bluetooth Module is the only gateway to get that extra 20% speed increase and is not fair in the sense that a user would have to go full digital in order to enjoy the full potential of their model.

    They pulled that crap with the XO-1 when it was first released and not enough was known about it. Everyone initially thought when you buy the model "I'm going to go 100mph out of the box" - Surprise! - That is not the way it worked and you had to jump through hoops to get the extra speed.

    Why do you think I was so upset when I bought a $1000 dollar X-Maxx and couldn't use TSM for two months. I'll tell you why: Because when something is advertised as being capable of something and I could not achieve what was advertised until I spent almost $200 dollars more, it begs the question: "Then why bother advertising something that breaks your model like self-righting does to drive-trains?"
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  36. #36
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    2,075
    That's the one thing I don't agree with about the App. Your forced into it. All the things I use have the postpone update option. It also can be at a bad time to do the update.

    My example: A couple of weeks ago I took my 2 mini's so the kids could have some fun with them. Grabbed my old phone and tablet so the Training mode could be adjusted for each. The kids were all excited, they don't have toys like this. Popped a battery in and turned on the first truck, turned on the app to adjust the speed. Nope, update required. It's a crappy feeling to tell excited kids that they need to wait a bit longer. Started the required update on the second truck with my old phone and that was more of an issue. Needed to find a way to charge the battery as the updating process was draining the battery level fast. Something so simple is made into a complication. What if the update failed?

    The same could happen to anyone. You take your Rc somewhere, turn everything on and you need to update. What about the person that has 20% battery left in their phone that they use the app on. Do the required update and take a chance your phone doesn't die in the middle and the RC is locked up because of an unfinished update.

    Tell us to do the update when we have full batteries and time where it can't be interrupted during the process, but doesn't give us the option to follow their own instructions. Makes no sense to me.

    A simple postpone option would alleviate much of the headaches.

  37. #37
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    I still am somewhat frustrated that the manual menu tree cannot unlock the 120% throttle control unless using the Traxxas Link App. It is as though the Traxxas Link App with the Bluetooth Module is the only gateway to get that extra 20% speed increase and is not fair in the sense that a user would have to go full digital in order to enjoy the full potential of their model.
    20% speed increase? On any model? I don't believe it. Have you tested it?

  38. #38
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBall View Post
    20% speed increase? On any model? I don't believe it. Have you tested it?
    I have not tested with a GPS or radar gun but the question remains why can a user select 120% throttle in the garage (Traxxas Link App/Bluetooth Module) if it had no result on overall speed?

    When I first got my X-Maxx, I did not use the Traxxas Link App/Bluetooth Module and using the stock 6700 (4S) 25C (50C burst) batteries, the truck seemed governed down. Threw the Bluetooth Module and Traxxas Link App into the game and the truck woke the heck up when I jacked that throttle up to 120% in the garage.

    In other words, I get that you're doubtful that it is a 20% increase in speed; but overall, my experience with running the vehicles with and without the throttle control offered in the "Garage" of the App has a noticeable difference in top speed.

    To test, you could remove the Bluetooth Module from your Tx and reset it to factory defaults and run your vehicle. I think to your surprise, you will be like something is missing. That is if you were running your throttle at 120% in the throttle setting in the garage in the Traxxas Link App before you removed the Bluetooth Module and reset your Tx.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 09-01-2020 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added something.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

  39. #39
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    I have not tested with a GPS or radar gun but the question remains why can a user select 120% throttle in the garage (Traxxas Link App/Bluetooth Module) if it had no result on overall speed?

    When I first got my X-Maxx, I did not use the Traxxas Link App/Bluetooth Module and using the stock 6700 (4S) 25C (50C burst) batteries, the truck seemed governed down. Threw the Bluetooth Module and Traxxas Link App into the game and the truck woke the heck up when I jacked that throttle up to 120% in the garage.

    In other words, I get that you're doubtful that it is a 20% increase in speed; but overall, my experience with running the vehicles with and without the throttle control offered in the "Garage" of the App has a noticeable difference in top speed.

    To test, you could remove the Bluetooth Module from your Tx and reset it to factory defaults and run your vehicle. I think to your surprise, you will be like something is missing. That is if you were running your throttle at 120% in the throttle setting in the garage in the Traxxas Link App before you removed the Bluetooth Module and reset your Tx.
    Well, in the Help section it says something about servos on nitro cars and their mechanical travel ranges. So it might be a 120% travel range of the throttle linkage on a nitro? Anyway, I did a quick comparison with wheels off at 100% and 120%, and the RPM in the Dashboard section said 40k in both cases. And it does work, because setting it below 100% definitely makes it slower. I also have a GPS, but seriously doubt there is a difference when the RPM's are the same. [that being said, maybe acceleration is higher?]
    Last edited by MyBall; 09-01-2020 at 01:54 PM. Reason: []

  40. #40
    RC Qualifier Flux Capacitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBall View Post
    Well, in the Help section it says something about servos on nitro cars and their mechanical travel ranges. So it might be a 120% travel range of the throttle linkage on a nitro? Anyway, I did a quick comparison with wheels off at 100% and 120%, and the RPM in the Dashboard section said 40k in both cases. And it does work, because setting it below 100% definitely makes it slower. I also have a GPS, but seriously doubt there is a difference when the RPM's are the same. [that being said, maybe acceleration is higher?]
    I have a T-Maxx 3.3 and can without a doubt tell you that if you set throttle range to 120%, you will bust the carburetor slide. I have a ProModeler powering that throttle linkage and forgot to set throttle range and the ProModeler ripped the slide right out of the carburetor (when it was set at just 80%) before the bar bent. I can barely get that throttle adjustment set to 62% on my Nitro before it hits its mechanical limit on the carburetor slide.

    So if as you are pointing out that it might be for a Nitro throttle linkage range, I can without a doubt dispute that one because it cost me money on that mistake.

    Acceleration may not necessarily be higher but rather quicker or sooner on the throttle trigger on the Tx is what I'm thinking for the 120% throttle adjustment.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 09-01-2020 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Fixed.
    Sent from my autonomous device.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •