RC Racer

Blew something up... help identify?

Won't wheelie anymore. I can drift with it though! Is this the transmission? Also, how/why would it just blow up? The car is fairly new and I was just running it up and down a hill. So that's the first issue... what parts do I get and should I upgrade if there are any available?

Also, what is this cover? One of the screw holes that holds on the push rods is stripped, no clue how. From factory. Any upgrades for that as well if worth it?

Lastly, I tore a tire. No clue how in the grass... can I just replace the tire with a stock one or do I need to buy the whole wheel? If just tire, do I need to glue it?

Oh, also. What grease is used in the differential and how much? Is there anything else I should upgrade when I have everything off that i need to take off to fix whatever i broke so I don't have to go back in down the line...?

Thanks! It seems every run i break something and I'm not even beating on the car... disappointing at times but if I can upgrade to better or stronger components I'm happy it'll be more durable in the long run.
    Last edited by Live2Fish88; 08-30-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Fish88 View Post
    Won't wheelie anymore. I can drift with it though! Is this the transmission? Also, how/why would it just blow up? The car is fairly new and I was just running it up and down a hill. So that's the first issue... what parts do I get and should I upgrade if there are any available?

Also, what is this cover? One of the screw holes that holds on the push rods is stripped, no clue how. From factory. Any upgrades for that as well if worth it?

Lastly, I tore a tire. No clue how in the grass... can I just replace the tire with a stock one or do I need to buy the whole wheel? If just tire, do I need to glue it?

Oh, also. What grease is used in the differential and how much? Is there anything else I should upgrade when I have everything off that i need to take off to fix whatever i broke so I don't have to go back in down the line...?

Thanks! It seems every run i break something and I'm not even beating on the car... disappointing at times but if I can upgrade to better or stronger components I'm happy it'll be more durable in the long run.
    That first cover is the transmission housing. That second cover is the differential housing. For the push rods I don't know which end is stripped the rocker end or the a arm end? As for the tires I am currently regluing my tires because my tires were tearing depends on how bad it is.
    I agree with you on the every run you break something. I felt like that too. I guess that just traxxas with weak points.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rico116; 08-30-2020 at 09:14 PM.

RC Racer
    So, what's needed to rebuild the transmission (whatever is under cover)? It drives, it just seems to have no rear wheel hookup. Can wheelie. Turns show enough to just kick the back end around.

The push rod screw goes through into that cover and the threads in the cover itself is stripped. So I need to replace that cover.

The tire tore from the sidewall across the tread. It's demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Fish88 View Post
    So, what's needed to rebuild the transmission (whatever is under cover)? It drives, it just seems to have no rear wheel hookup. Can wheelie. Turns show enough to just kick the back end around.

The push rod screw goes through into that cover and the threads in the cover itself is stripped. So I need to replace that cover.

The tire tore from the sidewall across the tread. It's demolished.
    Yes all the gears under that cover where the spur gear is suppose to be thats the transmission that whole gearbox pops right out after unscrewing the 4 screws that hold it in place and some screws that hold the driveline together. There should be videos on youtube for rebuilding the transmission to see what you need. Never had to rebuild mines but there's this one channel I like alex the rc freak. Check him out I might've seen a video on rebuilding transmisson. But stay open to any other videos on YouTube as alot do offer valuable information.

As for the the rear wheel hookup. I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Also I could never drift with my revo I must not know how to drive or unless something was really wrong with my speed control or motor that's why I sent it in. Lol

I'm really not sure about that pushrod going into that differential cover.

Also as for the tire If it demolished I would just buy the ones that are not pre-mounted as you are probably gonna have that issue again with premounted. Also from a question I asked about regluing tires someone told me about balancing tires. So I will be doing that after reglueing my tires as that maybe could've contributed to tire demolishing and pre-mounted tires also contributed to it. But Im not sure so if im wrong please correct me.

Also this is the pushrod. I attached a picture

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk