RC Competitor

Something new and crazy mostly crazy

Since I'm wanna do something new with my trx6 I'm thinking of a race truck like the link below im keeping it my dual motor design maybe triple motor since the floor can be used as a mount, going to put castle 1515 or that level motors, josh's areo pack "in video", a f duct "like in f1 cars, foam tires, side wings that replace side mirrors, fans at the back and front, more fans on the floor of the truck effectively sucking the truck down like in f1 and cooling the motors, ground effect, battery is on the floor of the truck instead of next to the driveshaft in my last idea. Oh and I'm thinking of a active suspension like in the video below, thoughts? Also when I get home I will upload more pics and where the motors will go.

: Video https://youtu.be/S8FqlL4ry98
    : Video https://youtu.be/tTLCTNXv7kM

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thats the grill so far

Sounds good... can't wait to see your final creation!

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Sounds good... can't wait to see your final creation!

Have fun!
    Thanks

RC Champion
    Hope to see you rig project soon.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Thanks also remember my traction control idea yea didn't work it was connecting the motor to the ardunio.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    But it was the king of rock crawling and trails with the air suspension and all that

Active suspension might ruin the handling, because of servo slop. I'd go with shorter shocks if possible. I think Matt's TRX6 is more like an f1, but since the new update, I've been starting to like the look of Josh's more. Also maybe go with rubber tires? I'm not sure if anyone makes foam tires that size, and also wear is an issue. The 1515 is a big motor, 1 will fit, maybe 2, 3, not so much. But if you do fit dual motors, I'd really like to see the outcome.

This sounds like a really exciting build, do keep us posted! Have fun, and good luck!
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Active suspension might ruin the handling, because of servo slop. I'd go with shorter shocks if possible. I think Matt's TRX6 is more like an f1, but since the new update, I've been starting to like the look of Josh's more. Also maybe go with rubber tires? I'm not sure if anyone makes foam tires that size, and also wear is an issue. The 1515 is a big motor, 1 will fit, maybe 2, 3, not so much. But if you do fit dual motors, I'd really like to see the outcome.

This sounds like a really exciting build, do keep us posted! Have fun, and good luck!
    Thanks for giving feedback but I'm using foam tires mainly for grip and rubber for bashing around also what do you mean by "servo slop"?

RC Competitor

Also I think a motor of that size would fit because of the space on the floor maybe I would need a shorter shaft for the rear probably just cut it also no transmission like in the last setup.

I've been thinking about your idea, and came up with some suggestions.

1. Maybe try an axle mounted splitter/diffuser. Because you're making a race truck, you'll want lots of downforce to keep the rig planted. Spoilers on the body will work, but they'll compress the shocks and springs and probably unbalance your car when turning. An axle mounted diffuser system will make the downforce unsprung, meaning that the springs are not stressed by the downforce.

2. Wider hexes for the wheels will help, widening the stance will make it less easy to flip over.

3. Active suspension would be a pretty nice feature, but you're going to want shorter and harder shocks to stop body roll, maybe some 70mm shocks, less depending on the mounting position and if you decide to use active suspension

4. More of a cosmetic feature, but I think a longtail bed cover that slowly slopes down the back of the bed would be cool, and improve some of the areodynamics. (although this is more of a speed upgrade than a handeling upgrade)

Are you going the portal delete and overdrive gears route as well?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Oh yeah, forgot bout that. Although is overdrive necessary? Their 40 bucks a piece and there's 3 axles.

RC Competitor
    I've been thinking about your idea, and came up with some suggestions.

1. Maybe try an axle mounted splitter/diffuser. Because you're making a race truck, you'll want lots of downforce to keep the rig planted. Spoilers on the body will work, but they'll compress the shocks and springs and probably unbalance your car when turning. An axle mounted diffuser system will make the downforce unsprung, meaning that the springs are not stressed by the downforce.

2. Wider hexes for the wheels will help, widening the stance will make it less easy to flip over.

3. Active suspension would be a pretty nice feature, but you're going to want shorter and harder shocks to stop body roll, maybe some 70mm shocks, less depending on the mounting position and if you decide to use active suspension

4. More of a cosmetic feature, but I think a longtail bed cover that slowly slopes down the back of the bed would be cool, and improve some of the areodynamics. (although this is more of a speed upgrade than a handeling upgrade)
    Great ideas but I'm going with 30 or 20mm wheel wideners. Shocks I have not decided yet but maybe 60mm? The bed cover that slopes down is already in my idea list. Also overdrive is part of the upgrades. And lastly downforce I'm going to put a 120mm fan in the floor of the truck sucking it down with with 4 to 6 *** 40mm fans at the rear axles, next there are flaps on the hood to increase downforce, front splitter is axle and bumper mounted i believe and rear splitter will be redesigned maybe adjustable wing not sure oh and skirts are being lowered for ground effect. The point of the areo is to promote air to flow underneath the truck rather than over for the fans underneath can create negative pressure sucking the truck down.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jemelumadu2 View Post
    Great ideas but I'm going with 30 or 20mm wheel wideners. Shocks I have not decided yet but maybe 60mm? The bed cover that slopes down is already in my idea list. Also overdrive is part of the upgrades. And lastly downforce I'm going to put a 120mm fan in the floor of the truck sucking it down with with 4 to 6 *** 40mm fans at the rear axles, next there are flaps on the hood to increase downforce, front splitter is axle and bumper mounted i believe and rear splitter will be redesigned maybe adjustable wing not sure oh and skirts are being lowered for ground effect. The point of the areo is to promote air to flow underneath the truck rather than over for the fans underneath can create negative pressure sucking the truck down.

Also photo of the floor this build will be a track truck than a mainly speed demon but it still can be

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Are you going the portal delete and overdrive gears route as well?
    Not sure about portal delete most likely but overdrive gears are a must

I think deleting the portals will work better than overdrive, because you lower the car's center of gravity while increasing gearing with the portal delete.

RC Competitor
    I think deleting the portals will work better than overdrive, because you lower the car's center of gravity while increasing gearing with the portal delete.
    Great point but its direct drive so I think it would need a gear reduction and to eliminate torque flex

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jemelumadu2 View Post
    Also photo of the floor this build will be a track truck than a mainly speed demon but it still can be

Wow, outstanding