RC Competitor

Question Where does the Rustler 4x4 fit in to the whole scheme of things?

I don't have one, but I have a St4mpede VXL. I looked at one in the LHS the other day, and my impression is that it's a 1/10 truggy.

I think it's too heavy to be a 1/10 buggy.

There's really no class for 1/10 4x4 stadium trucks, right?

Is there any advantage to a Rustler VXL vs. a Slash 4x4 VXL with bigger tires and appropriate gearing?
    -Jeremy
    TRX-4|BL Summit|St4mpede|Aton|Maxx|Slash

I don't have a 4pede, but I'd say better turn radius, for one thing...shorter chassis, combined with identical "everything else" (related to steering) equals tighter turning. Also, with a more aerodynamic body, the Rustler should (theoretically) be able to obtain a slightly higher speed (if so other factors are identical. I'm sure there are other 'benefits', but maybe those who own both vehicles will know more.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Yeah it's basically a Truggy. What it comes down to IMO is that it doesn't cost Traxxas much to offer additional vehicles to cater to people's specific preferences given that the Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, Rustler 4x4, Hoss 4x4, etc all share a common platform and so many common or interchangeable parts.

So the Rustler 4x4 is for someone who wants a 4x4, something other than a Short-course truck, but lower-profile than a Monster Truck.

The Slash 4x4 has a chassis that is even longer than the Rustler 4x4, and heavier. My main truck is a Slash 4x4 Monster Truck and I love it. If you stick with a short-course truck body however, just keep in mind a short-course body is huge compared to a Rustler body and it will really catch the air at high speeds.
    Last edited by GotNoRice; 08-31-2020 at 03:02 PM.