RC poster

E-revo purchase suggestion

Hello,

Im new to the hobby and thinking about purchasing the ERevo 2.0 as my first serious RC.
    Im a bit in doubt because I see people having quite some issues with it, specially with the rear suspension. I know there are diy fixes (straps) but somehow I dont like to do it.
    Is there any plans for the Erevo 3.0 or otherwise upgraded version where these issues would get fixed? Is it worth waiting? Or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks

I would say buy it. There a ton of fun to drive.
    But in the span of 2 months. It feels like every run I have broken something even though I have not been to rough on it.
    My thoughts this is not a Budget rc at all. At least if you want durability, but once your dialed in you should be pretty fine. Another thing I would say. As this being my first rc, would I recommend it for being easy to tinker with yes and no. Quite a few times I have struggled with doing upgrades and repairs and stuff, but this probably comes from not really being too mechanically inclined with things like this. I say its a learning experience. You could learn alot and see easy ways to do things next time around. As for the yes part it becomes pretty easy to tinker with after you done took things apart multiple times, but with everything I just said this is just my opinion dont be discouraged the rc game is a ton of fun.

My rod ends haven't pulled out never installed straps. But the new ones come with upgraded pushrods. I think that's the issue with ends pulling out

If you do decide to buy it, make sure to ask about upgrades you will need for preventing disaster like a chassis brace and body savers.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why people put the straps on the rear suspension to the rockers. All that saves is the shock ends. I run my straps down to where the pushrod connects to the arms. Haven't ripped an end out since I did that.

I also installed the 8619 pushrods which have much longer ends on them on the rear and recently on the front. I got those more for the mildly larger amount of plastic around the pivot ball though as those tend to get slop pretty quickly if you run a heavier oil/spring setup like I do.

8618:

vs 8619:

Not a huge difference in that regard, but the amount that is threaded is big difference:

I run mine hard and run heavy weight oil in the shocks with the VDK pistons. Usually 60-70wt with VDK #2. If I go much heavier than that, the pistons snap in half. Also running RC Raven dual rate springs.

Aside from that, my remaining ongoing issues are the center chassis skid/protector and battery door hinges splitting.

I've busted 5 or 6 of the center covers in a year. When it breaks, the chassis flexes so much that it turns your lipo's into a banana. I recently replace that with an integy version.

Not sure what to do about the battery doors... kind of odd to design something that way though with a live hinge vs a mechanical hinge that gets opened/closed repeatedly. If it was something that you opened/closed once in a while, then fine, but this is the battery doors. They get opened/closed multiple times in a day. I seem to go through 3 or 4 sets of those a year.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Enthusiast
    I had the 8619 pushrods come stock on my truck when I bought it. I made the assumption that these were the push rods that everyone else was having issues with. So, to avoid having the pulling off issues, I upgraded them to the 8610X push rods. Even beefier than the standard 8619's. I've yet to have an end pull off, or a shock break. Granted, my airtime is nowhere near that of olds!! The only part that I've broken on mine in the 3 months I've had it were the steering servos. Both stripped in the same run. I replaced them with a savox single servo and the hd servo saver. No issues as of yet, only 2 runs on it, but still. It's a wickedly fun truck with some very very weak components stock. Swap your servos, upgrade the pushrods, get the apinum rear chassis brace. As long as you not jumping 15 feet in the air like olds does, you should be just fine. Oh....and UPGRADE THE DARN SERVOS!!! Lol. Seriously. Stock ones are going to break.

RC Racer
    I've upgraded my steering servos to a single because I stripped one of the stock ones. I stripped a spur gear. I tore a tire. I just had to order a driveshaft because I sheered the ears off it. I installed the rear metal brace not too long after owning it as well as the Bluetooth module in the remote. That's about it. There a ton of fun and I smile the entire time I use it. When I break something I upgrade it if possible. By the end of it you'll have a stronger car than stock. I don't believe in upgrading just to upgrade before things break.

I thought the reason for limiting straps was to keep the axle dogbones from popping out?
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Enthusiast
    No, the original Revo 2.0 had some big issues with the ends popping off of the pushrods due to over extension of the suspension. Limiting straps eliminate that issue by not allowing the a arms to extend downward as far. I believe the new pushrods that come stock have alleviated that issue, but didn't quite eliminate it completely.

RC poster
    I have one I'm looking to sale nothing wrong with it and I've done upgrade to make it work better

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk