RC Enthusiast

Steering servo fun - 2075 - which replacement is best?

It wasn't long after break-in with my 3.3 when one of my steering servos took a dive. Traxxas replaced it for free so I thought that was cool.

Then I purchased a Slash 4x4 vxl for my gf and it wasn't long after hers went out.

So what is a good metal gear replacement for this servo? I need 2 and she needs 1.

Obviously at this point, I want to shoot for the best...

Thanks again!

2075x is metal geared.

I run Promodeler servos.

If you get a strong enough servo then you can run just one in the Revo. I used to run a single 2075 for years with zero issues and it is currently in my son's Slash.
    The Super Derecho

Currently running a Hobbystar HCS-4521 that was recommended by olds97_lss. It has been great so far and much stronger than the 2075.

Also have a cheaper $25 25KG Amazon servo in my Tmaxx and itís not bad for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Double G... just emailed the vendor re: the Promodeler servos, asking what the best would be:

https://www.promodeler.com/DS930BLHV

Kinda shocked at the sticker price though :/

LoL That servo is overkill. You don't need that one. FYI one 2075 servo is rated at 125oz.

Because that's the best they have doesn't mean that's the one you should get.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 09-01-2020 at 10:29 AM.

You may have heard back from the owner, John. Great guy. I don't know what his expertise is with land vehicles and many X-Maxx owners have purchased his higher-powered servos such as that.

I currently have the DS360 with a LiFe battery to supply it more power but not so much power to kill the receiver; it has about 300 oz/in of power and same speed of the 2075.
    The Super Derecho

I think the DS360 is a great match for the nitro revo. Conservative in power usage and same power as two 2075's.

RC Racer
    Hitec 7955TG has been a go to high torque servo for a long time and the price is very reasonable. Actually one in the T-maxx I'm rebuilding and I've run the same servo in several other vehicles. Doesn't seem to be much love on these forums for the Hitec, but I've never had an issue with that servo.

I've used Hitec before I found Promodeler. I would choose Hitec over Savox anytime. Those Savox servos are too power hungry.

RC Competitor
    Savox 1268 for both steering and throttle (single steering servo) with a lipo pack is best overall combo. I currently run JX Ecoboost cheap HV servos with a lipo and work incredibly great, but that's only because the revo is my fun car. Otherwise i would go savox