RC poster

After market tires

New to the rc world and just bought a 4 tec 2.0 vxl. My question is can I install after market tires. Went to the hobby shop they were out of traxxas tires, bought the horizon brand, dude in the hobby shop said they would work... the stock tires are wider in the back. The pack of 4 tires I bought are all the sane width... was not sure if that really mattered or not. Thanks in advance !

Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

I don't have a 4-Tec, but I thought most companies sold tires for that class in both front and rear widths (varying from 24 to 34mm). Traxxas sizes are 26mm in front and 30mm in rear.

You could run any width, but it may not look right depending on fitment to the specific body you are running.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

The 4 Tec 2.0 has different offsets front and rear, hence the different width of the tires. Running the same wheels all around fits, but it wouldn't have as wide of a stance in the rear, which like Squeegie said can affect the look of the car.

I am running the same offset wheels front and rear (same width too). In the picture below, it's hard to tell, but the rear stance is a bit narrower than the front.

Everyday's a gift, thus now is called the present.