Question Body options for rustler 4x4

so I bought a rustler 4x4 and I've been looking into ways to mount normal bodies onto it. I was thinking about putting on the shock towers from a 4x4 stampede and getting the proline adjustable body mount kit for the 4x4 stampede. this should allow me to mount stampede bodies but I wanted to see what all of you guys have done for rustler 4x4 bodies.

I'm looking for something with a similar body fit as the stock body and I want to get a precut and drilled body if I can as the last time I attempted to cut and drill my own body it was a complete fail

Also, I'm new to the rustler 4x4, I don't even have it yet lol will be here tomorrow. The other cars I've had where a merv vxl and a brushed 4x4 pede but I haven't had an RC for years now and am just getting back into it.

There really aren't many bodies out there that take advantage of the new Rustler4x4/Hoss4x4 body mounting system yet. So your best bet, like you said, is probably to put the older towers on there. I'd recommend the RPM towers. The Rustler 4x4 chassis is longer than the Stampede 4x4 chassis, so even using Stampede 4x4 shock towers it won't be a direct fit for a Stampede 4x4 body that already has holes in it.

Don't drill your body holes! That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. A phillips-head screwdriver and a candle is all you need. Poke a dent into your body using the tip of the phillips-head screwdriver where you want each hole to be. Then take the phillips-head screwdriver, hold the tip over a candle flame until it gets really hot. Then take the phillips-head screwdriver and poke it through the body where you made each dent. It will melt through the body easily and leave you with a perfect sized hole. Super easy.

RC Qualifier
    I second just using the slash 4x4 towers

Top is the Rustl4r, front using the Sl4sh posts and rear just battery posts on the bare tower. Body is a j concepts 2wd body.

I have used a drill to put mounting hole in bodies before.

You have to make a very small pilot hole and go up in size in very small increments (I used every drill bit I had in order of size until I got to the size I needed). If you take large steps, the drill will just screw until the body and tear up the edges of the hole.

Best way to make body mounting holes is to get a body reamer.::
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

yeah just got my rustler going today and I gotta say I do not like the new mounting system. i spent more time finicking with it than it would have taken just to use normal clips, though I might just be doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yogertdog View Post
    yeah just got my rustler going today and I gotta say I do not like the new mounting system. i spent more time finicking with it than it would have taken just to use normal clips, though I might just be doing it wrong.
    It's really easy once you get used to it.