RC poster

e-Revo 2.0 and ESC issue

Hi all,

Looking to buy e-Revo 2.0 in the next few weeks time and I've been reading here about the ESC issue.

My question is... have Traxxas resolved this? If so, how will I know if the ESC is the 'fixed' version when I get the box?

If it's any difference, I am in the UK.

Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Some esc units seem to be stuck in training mode and can't be taken out of it. If you're truck doesn't wheelie uncontrollably, then you're esc is no good. Send it in, get a new one, and you're good to go

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlmf View Post
    Some esc units seem to be stuck in training mode and can't be taken out of it. If you're truck doesn't wheelie uncontrollably, then you're esc is no good. Send it in, get a new one, and you're good to go
    Thanks for the reply. I'm aware about it, but what I am trying to achieve is to avoid this. So my question still stands - have they resolved it yet and if so, how do I know if I have the fixed version when buying one?

RC Enthusiast
    Not officially. I'm still reading threads on here about it. It seems like only a few though. I wouldn't let it deter you.

RC Enthusiast
    When my motor failed traxxas gave me a new esc as well... IDK why, but they did. Neither had any issue and they are massive speed controllers. The same size as what comes on the xmaxx and kraton 8s, just not 8s.
    My issue with the vxl6s is that it won't let my 2450kv motor go over 51k rpm. Fully charged or nearly dead it revs to 51k rpm. So I have a 47mph truck from start to finish. rofl.