RC poster

Wont Start Cant Stop

My 2wd rustler has an issue that when I try to accelerate or back up it acts like it is trying to move but cant. I simply give it a push forward or lift it up slightly and its starts accelerating like a beast. Once it starts going if I stop I have to repeat the process again to get it going. As long as it stays in motion it will keep driving until the end of the battery. Did I over tighten the slip clutch or is it to loose? or something different all together, thoughts?

If the motor is spinning up or accelerating and the truck is not moving it could be the slipper clutch is too loose or need repair. Or it could be a broken pin on the input shaft.

Need a little more info to give more detailed help. Is this something new that's happening after a repair? Have you taken the slipper clutch apart?

Agreed... any noises when trying to move?
    More info (or video) would be helpful.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC poster
    I changed regeared from a 90T spur and 19 to a 83 spur and a 28T pinion. Was hoping I could kill some of my massive torque that I don’t need and give me a higher top speed. I took the slipper apart and thought I put it back together right and once tightened I did a 3/4 turn loosen on the nut at the end. There isn’t much to see the car looks like it wants to move forward maybe does a shutter 1/10 turn forward and then it is like the wheels loose power and the car rocks backward to starting position. There actually is no noises or anything, it sounds normal. I can’t post a video going to see family for the holidays on Monday when I get back I can post a video.

It'll give you a higher top speed alright, but at the expense of high temperatures. Gear it down to a 19t or 21t pinion and see if the problem goes away.
    The Super Derecho

It sounds like you’re in the wrong sub-forum. Rustler 4x4’s come with a 54t spur and 10t (brushed) or 11t (VXL) pinion.
    More info... what motor/ESC and batteries are you running?

Try as Double G recommended. I hope are works out for you.

Good luck and have a great holiday weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Whateverworks View Post
    I changed regeared from a 90T spur and 19 to a 83 spur and a 28T pinion. Was hoping I could kill some of my massive torque that I donít need and give me a higher top speed. I took the slipper apart and thought I put it back together right and once tightened I did a 3/4 turn loosen on the nut at the end. There isnít much to see the car looks like it wants to move forward maybe does a shutter 1/10 turn forward and then it is like the wheels loose power and the car rocks backward to starting position. There actually is no noises or anything, it sounds normal. I canít post a video going to see family for the holidays on Monday when I get back I can post a video.
    That's a huge jump in gearing! Put the 19t back on and give it a try. That gearing is probably way to much for your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    It sounds like youíre in the wrong sub-forum...
    Yup they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Whateverworks View Post
    My 2wd rustler...

Haha... first 3 words of the OP.
    I can’t read... at least no comprehention!

Gotta pay more attention!