Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant26 View Post
    I'm wary of aluminum parts on the XMaxx because the stock parts are very well balanced right out of the box. (with a couple of exceptions) If you watch Kevin Talbot's videos where he shows X-Maxx impacts in slow motion, you can see a LOT of deflection in the stock parts which is undoubtedly why our trucks stand up to so much abuse. Adding in rigid suspension pieces that don't allow for that deflection puts a lot more strain on the parts that do. While some Traxxas cars really benefit from some combination of rigid aluminum and bendy RPM parts, the X-Maxx is one of those rare creatures where they nailed it right out of the box. (again, with a couple minor exceptions like the inner hub bearings)

That said, I'd be curious to see how those hold up with the 3 bearings.
    you have to spray the whole car with wd40 so it can flex that is why in his videos you can see the X-maxx almost fold in half and survive.

RC Competitor
    I keep seeing people talk about this seal coming off.
    I took my XMaxx apart to service these bearings and couldn't get the cover off to clean and lube mine.
    I guess I'll have to keep trying to get it to self disassemble.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    I keep seeing people talk about this seal coming off.
    I took my XMaxx apart to service these bearings and couldn't get the cover off to clean and lube mine.
    I guess I'll have to keep trying to get it to self disassemble.
    Just land crooked on one back wheel that usually does it

RC Competitor
    LOL funny thing... I setup a ramp in front of my house this Sunday. While I was charging batteries I gave my XMaxx a once over and my front right inner seal had popped off. I ended up taking it apart ( loosing the little clip) cleaning the bearing, repacking it w/ aotomotive wheel bearing grease and putting the open side in in the bearing cup. Went to my local hobby store and couldn't buy a bearing to save my life. Not one of the xmaxx parts I needed was in stock.
    Last edited by gunnuts; 09-21-2020 at 04:26 PM.

RC Racer
    LOL funny thing... I setup a ramp in front of my house this Sunday. While I was charging batteries I gave my XMaxx a once over and my front right inner seal had popped off. I ended up taking it apart ( loosing the little clip) cleaning the bearing, repacking it w/ aotomotive wheel bearing grease and putting the open side in in the bearing cup. Went to my local hobby store and couldn't buy a bearing to save my life. Not one of the xmaxx parts I needed was in stock.

Oh yes, make a stock pile of parts at your home. Seems like Traxxas parts or out of stock everywhere.

A main hobbies, eBay and Amazon seem like good places to get parts these days.

RC Racer
    It's not a bad plan to buy a full set of bearings from Fast Eddy or someone else to have a supply on hand. The most failure-prone bearings on the X-Maxx are the inner hub bearings. If you buy the RPM rear axle carriers, not only do you beef up half of those bearing weak points, you also get 2 spare bearings left over for spares for the front.

RC Champion
    I have a few spare parts I buy during time, for the future breaks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12